The Seminole State Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning provides opportunities for all College faculty to engage in professional development activities that respect the talents and expertise that faculty bring to the classroom.
The mission of the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning is to:
- Promote professional development in discipline areas and instructional strategies to enhance student learning and success
- Provide training to faculty on effective methods for evaluating implemented instructional strategies
- Support faculty in its ongoing quest to be sensitive to multicultural issues
- Act as a central resource for teaching and learning material
- Provide opportunities for new faculty and adjuncts to become oriented to Seminole State
- Provide a collegial space for faculty to collaborate on teaching and learning projects
- Recognize faculty achievements and excellence
Faculty Advisory Committee
The Center's faculty Advisory Committee helps in the selection of professional activities and teaching/learning resources beneficial to faculty and relevant to student retention and success.
2015-2017 Advisory Committee
- Albert Miranda, office systems faculty
- Ashley Navarro, education faculty
- Camesha Manzueta, communication faculty
- Cynthia Dunham, english for academic purposes faculty
- Hatem Akil, QEP director
- Jackie Boyce, biology faculty
- James Jollie, public safety faculty
- Karen Kaufmann, librarian
- Lyne Chamberlain, nursing faculty
- Orli Zaprir, sociology faculty
- Rafal Grudzien, chemistry faculty
- Sandy Keeter, information technology faculty
- Susan Vanderwerken, adult high school faculty
- Tiffany Traylor, humanities faculty
Faculty Center Location
The Faculty Center is located in building L, room 201 on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. There is space for adjunct faculty to have computer and printer access.
Faculty Center Director
Barbara LeBranch is the director of the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning. She can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 407.708.2373.