Seminole State College: Florida Equity Report 2021
The District Board of Trustees approved this report on April 19, 2021. Its components include three narratives, a signature page to document approval by District Board of Trustees, and Appendix 1 [Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA report, Fall 2020)].
The Highlights for 2020-21 Include
- Initiation or revision of four College Procedures relating to equity issues.
- Sexual Harassment Grievances Under Title IX, Procedure 1.0601
- Standing Institutional Committees (Procedure 1.0900), revised
- Equity Committee (Procedure 1.0900.3)
- Communicable Diseases (Procedure 1.1200), revised
- Achievement of more than one half of the employment goals set for Executive – Administrative – Managerial employees, Faculty, and Faculty on Continuing Contract.
- Achievement of enrollment goals for all categories of students.
- Continuation of concentration on African-American student retention, especially males, within Student Affairs.
- Appropriate course substitutions for students with disabilities.
- Equity for male and female athletes, based on proportionality in relation to A.A. enrollment. The College added Cross Country in Fall 2018 for males and females. Equity in participation, maintaining this balance, is expected in the Fall 2021 EADA report.
- Selection as a 2020 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award winner, the College’s fifth seventh consecutive such award, by INSIGHTInto Diversity magazine.
- Selection for the 2020 Advancing Diversity award by the American Association of Community.
Equity and Diversity/Title IX, 06.27.19, 04.17.21