Strategic Plan for Equity, 2021-22
Act as a catalyst for Seminole State College’s program to achieve equitable educational achievement rates and proportional employment representation by 2025.
- Collaboratively-defined Equity Dashboard using 2020-21 data.
- Training and education programs educating students and employees on equity concepts and approaches.
- Policy and procedure reviews that support an equity-minded infrastructure for College governance.
- Student and employee knowledge of the bases for unlawful discrimination, including harassment and retaliation. Protected classes, July 2021:
Age Genetic Information Race/Ethnicity Color Marital Status Religion Disability National Origin Veteran or military status Gender Pregnancy Sexual Orientation Sex, including sexual harassment
- Collaboratively-implemented national best practices in promoting an equity-minded institution.
- Communicate College commitment to students, employees, and community.
- Design and produce online and face-to-face training for students and employees.
- Publish online resources for independent reference.
- Periodically report progress on this strategic plan to Executive Team.
- Review policies, procedures, and practices in collaboration with recommending updates as needed.
- Maintain partnerships with Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Human Resources, and others to promote exchanges of information and programming.
Measures of effectiveness, from Strategic Planning On Line system (“SPOL”) entries:
- Equity gaps decrease annually.
- Collaboration includes all areas of the College.
- Record of annual training supports communication goal.
Equity and Diversity/Title IX, 7.18.18, 8.14.20, 7.22.21