Strategic Plan for Diversity and Inclusion, 2021-22
Act as a catalyst for programs supporting Seminole State College’s core value of respect: fostering a campus culture clearly demonstrating the belief that individual differences enhance the educational and workforce experience as well as the College’s leadership role in the community.
- National, state, and local leadership in high-quality programs enhancing diversity and inclusion at the College.
- Training and education programs representing the College’s core value of respect, with emphasis on diversity and inclusion as an element of every College action.
- Well-defined priority populations within “diversity and inclusion” programs:
|Individuals with disabilities or|
|Veterans and members|
of the military
|Age in relation to context|
(emphasis on non-traditional age for program)
|Members of five racial/ethnic groups as defined in federal standards.||Individual who identify or express themselves as members of the LGBT+ community|
|Married, single, widowed, divorced, separated individuals, including those with opposite-sex or same-sex partners.||Individuals with experiences outside the United States or seeking global experiences||Caregivers such as parents with minor children and individuals caring for aging family members|
|Members of various religions; practitioners of various spiritual beliefs||Family income classified as "Pell-eligible" on federal standards||Men, women, and individuals expressing non-binary identities|
- Communicate College commitment to students, employees, and community.
- Design and produce online and face-to-face training for students and employees.
- Publish online resources for independent reference.
- Periodically report progress on this strategic plan to Executive Team.
- Review policies, procedures, and practices, updating as needed.
- Maintain partnerships with Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Disability Support Services, and others to promote exchanges of information and programming.
Measures of effectiveness, from Strategic Planning On Line system (“SPOL”) entries:
- Collaboration includes all areas of the College.
- Record of annual training supports communication goal.
Equity and Diversity/Title IX, 7.18.18, 8.14.20, 7.21.21