Student Information

The Dual Enrollment Program allows qualified students to take college classes and earn credit toward high school and an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree, Associate in Science (A.S.) degree or a career certificate at the same time.

Welcome or welcome back to Seminole State College of Florida.  We are cheering you on as you continue to work toward your educational goals. The purpose of the information listed below is to help you position yourself for success at Seminole State College of Florida and beyond.  

Have you submitted your official test scores?

If you were admitted to the Dual Enrollment program using your unofficial SAT and/or ACT scores (meaning that you did not submit these scores to us directly from College Board or ACT), please note that you are required to submit your official scores prior to the end of your first semester in the program. You will not be allowed to register for courses in subsequent semesters until the official scores are on file. You will need to log into your online College Board (SAT) account or ACT account and request that your test scores are sent to Seminole State College of Florida. 

For more information regarding taking the PERT exams with Seminole State College, please visit the Assessment and Testing website here:

Eligible Test Scores

Students who are pursuing the Academic Dual enrollment Track must have eligible test scores in the areas of reading, writing and math (all three areas) in order to participate. The (minimum) eligible test scores are below: 

ACT191719 for MAT 1033C
21 for MAC 1105
SAT242524 for MAT 1033
26.5 for MAC 1105
PERT106103114 for MAT 1033C
123 for MAC 1105
(10/01/2022 and after)
256253QAS- 261 for MAT 1033
AAF-263 for MAC 1105
(taken before 10/01/2022)
245245QAS-242 for MAT 1033
AAF-263 for MAC 1105

Do you have alternative college credit?

There are multiple ways to earn college credit. Have you taken the CLEP exam? Have you taken the Advanced Placement (AP) exam? It may be that you can use credits earned via these exams and more to satisfy requirements here at the college. Please view score equivalencies found on the Florida Department of Education website to see if this may be beneficial to you. 

Have you registered for courses for the upcoming semester? 

At Seminole State College of Florida, there are three semesters that make up an academic year: Fall, Spring and Summer. Each semester, DE students have the opportunity to take a different set of classes (maximum 10 credit hours each semester). In order to register for classes, DE students must follow the instructions found on the "Registration Information" page of our website. Be sure to mind the dates/deadlines. 

Have you gotten your textbooks for the current or upcoming semester?

One very important step in your journey at Seminole State College of Florida is having the course materials needed for the classes you are registered to take. An ideal time to have your textbooks in hand is no later than 1 week prior to classes beginning. If you have not done so already, please be sure to obtain your text books using the instructions below:

  • Home School, Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS), Orange County Public Schools (OCPS), and Private School Students

    • Take a copy of your schedule to the bookstore on the Seminole State College campus most convenient to your location. Please Note: You will be able to retrieve your books from the Barnes and Noble bookstore within 1 business day of registration. Please bring your photo ID.  
  • FLVS (full-time) Students

    • Please view this FLVS Help Sheet for instructions on how FLVS students can obtain text books.

Have you returned your textbooks by the end of your current semester?

Dual Enrollment students who received free textbooks must return textbooks and course materials at the end of the semester to the high school textbook manager, the high school designated staff member or back to the Seminole State College of Florida bookstore (if received from there). Failure to do so could result in you being charged for the textbook and/or associated fees and may delay or prohibit your text book registration process. 

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! We are excited for you as you continue in your educational goals and are thankful for the opportunity to be a part of them. 

Have you submitted your final high school transcript? 

Upon graduating from your high school, you will need to submit your official, final high school transcript. Typically, the transcript is not available until a few weeks post high school graduation. Official, final transcripts must be sent to the College at: Seminole State College of Florida, Enrollment Services, 100 Weldon Blvd., Sanford, FL 32773. Your high school may also have the ability to submit the transcript to us digitally. If you prefer to submit a hard copy be sure that the hard copy remains sealed/unopened. 

Home school students must submit the Home School Affidavit.

Are you looking to continue your education with Seminole State?

If you are looking to continue your education with Seminole State post high school graduation, you will need to follow the Steps to Enroll for a first-time- in college students. Please note: Dual Enrolled students can begin to take classes during the Summer B term. Please view the Academic Calendar for dates. 

Delayed Credit 

If a high school senior desires to take courses prior to the Summer B term, the student must apply for Delayed Credit. Delayed Credit is a program for high school seniors wanting to enroll in classes but will not graduate high school until the term has already begun. 

Have you met the requirements to earn your AA, AS or Certificate from Seminole State?  

In order for your degree to be conferred, you will need to submit an Intent to Graduate form by the appropriate deadline. Please review the Academic Calendar for the deadline to submit your ITG form. The form must be submitted to the Dual Enrollment office. 

Upon submitting this form, you will receive email communications from the college. Please be sure to read and respond to all communications.

Are you transitioning to a different college/university?

We wish you all the best in your continued journey! Don't forget to submit your Seminole State transcripts to your institution of choice. 


Dual Enrollment Office