COVID-19 Student Protocol
Transitory Academic Adjustment Provisions
Effective August 2021
Seminole State College of Florida continues to deliver the same excellence in education during the current COVID-19 Pandemic. We acknowledge the unexpected circumstances and have developed a protocol for students requesting temporary academic assistance due to a diagnosis of COVID-19.
Note: Accessing Disability Support Services for this purpose does not confirm that an individual has a disability or that the College perceives the individual as having a disability. This is an administrative assignment only, and it is related to COVID-19 absences only.
Students requesting temporary academic assistance due to a positive medical test result of COVID-19, whether asymptomatic or experiencing symptomatic health challenges that limit current courses access, must follow these steps:
- Contact your health care provider immediately.
- Avoid contact with other people.
- Avoid social gatherings as much as possible to keep from spreading the illness to others.
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website for a list of symptoms and complete the self-checker to help make decisions and seek appropriate medical care.
- Get tested for COVID-19 .
- Stay Home. Do not come to the College if you have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Contact DSS via e-mail at DSS@seminolestate.edu to request assistance and the steps to send documentation, if available. Test results and documentation will be treated as confidential medical records.
- Provide accurate and up to date contact information so that a DSS staff member can work with you to schedule a virtual meeting to discuss your options.
- Contact your professors to let them know that you are working with DSS to review your options.
Please remember that any academic adjustments approved due to COVID-19 are temporary and follow all health recommendations from the Florida Department of Education, Florida Department of Health, CDC and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Contact DSS via e-mail at DSS@seminolestate.edu