The College Relations and Marketing (CRM) staff encourages students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members to submit images to be considered for use on the Seminole State website and the College's official social media pages.
Image submissions should represent some aspect of Seminole State or its community, such as academics, student life, building sites or campus events and activities.
Click here to submit a photo.
- Any photo taken off campus that contains recognizable faces must include a release and consent form for each person in the picture. The consent form can be downloaded or obtained from CRM on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus (S-002).
- Do not put the Seminole State logo, Seminole State word marks, Raiders logo or explanatory text in your image. CRM will add appropriate branding and captioning to explain the photo.
- Do not submit images that may be considered obscene, vulgar or otherwise inappropriate.
- Do not submit images that are out of focus or of poor quality.
The most common reasons images are not accepted are:
- Poor quality
- Incorrect orientation
- Inappropriate content
- Lack of relevance to the Seminole State community
Images (in JPEG, or PNG format) may be submitted via the College's online photo submission form or by emailing email@example.com. Each submission must include the contributor's:
- Hometown (if contributor is a student)
- Email address
- Academic year (if contributor is a student)
- Major (if contributor is a student)
Please also include a brief explanation of the image content and any associated links.
Submitted images should be high-resolution (preferably 300 dpi and at least 750 pixels wide) and can take various formats, including:
- Original photographs
- Owner-manipulated photographs (Please specifically indicate any manipulations.)
Images Promoting Specific Events or Activities
- Image submissions should include a brief description of the event or activity, including the date and location.
- The event or activity being promoted must be open to the public and of broad interest. We prefer events that can be linked to a related news article or website.
Examples of acceptable event or activity photos are:
- The Seminole State Symphonic Band
- The holiday choral concert
- Raider athletic events
- Classroom projects
- Club activities and service projects
- Student artwork
- Outdoor activities on campus
Terms and Conditions
The CRM staff will make the final decision regarding image acceptance. Submission does not guarantee that the image will be used. All submissions will become property of Seminole State and permission to use the image is automatically granted for other Seminole State marketing purposes.
Seminole State's communications staff and graphic designers reserve the right to modify any image prior to its use. This may include, but is not limited to, cropping and color correction. Submission of a photo indicates the user has read and agrees to these terms.