Career counselors are available to help students explore their career options and make decisions related to choosing a major and occupation, transitioning into the work force and acquiring additional professional training.
Seminole State's counselors can assist students with the following career planning activities:
- Clarifying goals and objectives
- Defining career interests and abilities
- Learning about transfer opportunities and requirements
- Making career decisions
- Interpreting career test results
- Identifying career resources
- Completing SLS 1301C: Life/Career Planning
Seminole State's Academic Advising and Counseling Department has developed a series of educational plans that will help students complete their degree or certificate program in a timely and efficient manner. Each plan contains a suggested course sequence, which can be customized during the student's scheduled advisement appointment. Sample plans can be reviewed on the Educational Plans Web page.