For the Fall Term 2020, we are offering online and remote courses. Remote courses show a day and time, and will meet virtually via live video. A limited number of labs, math, nursing, public safety programs, performing arts, automotive, HVAC, plumbing, and some language courses will resume on campus and are notated in the course schedule.
General Education Development (GED)
The General Education Development (GED®) program at Seminole State College provides non-credit instruction to prepare students to successfully complete the GED® test leading to a State of Florida High School Diploma.
Instruction is provided in the subject areas of language arts, science, social studies and mathematics. To be admitted to the GED® Prep Program, students must reach age eighteen (18) by the last day of their first semester.
Residency and Fees
All qualifying students pay a $30 state-mandated fee upon initial registration in any semester.
Applications for the GED® program are accepted on the Sanford/Lake Mary, Altamonte and Oviedo campuses.
- Students are required to submit the following:
- Documentation of age;
- A completed GED® application.
- Students who wish to transfer directly from a Seminole County high school or from a surrounding county must provide proof of withdrawal from the previous school attended.
- Any student who seeks admission to the GED® program and has been expelled or is being recommended for expulsion from Seminole County Public Schools or a surrounding school district will not be considered for admission until the student has completed the terms of the expulsion order and is eligible to return to the home high school.
- Additional admission requirements may apply.
State of Florida Diploma Requirements
For the most recent requirements to recieve a Sate of Florida Diploma, visit the GED® Department web page.
Students who receive a State of Florida High School Diploma and have attended Seminole State are eligible to participate in the College's graduation ceremony which is held at the end of Fall and Spring terms.
The GED® program provides a competitive scholarship program for students to continue their college-level studies at Seminole State.
For more information about the GED® program, please visit the GED® Website.