Friday, February 10, 2017, 12 p.m. (Noon)
Maximum Award: $1,500
- To provide funds to be used by instructional personnel for developing curriculum, generating instructional materials and conducting research.
- To provide funds for the development of programs for instructional support, including start-up equipment. Note: Equipment allocations are limited to 20 percent of the SPD project budget.
- To provide funds (mini projects) during the second term for innovative or special proposals that can be completed in a six-month period, unless an extension is requested and granted by the SPD Committee.
Policies and Procedures
- Project proposals must be submitted on an SPD Project Request Form by the published deadline. Project proposals are reviewed by the SPD Committee. If funds are available, a call for mini projects may be made prior to the end of the fiscal year. These projects must be completed by June 30, unless an extension is requested and granted by the SPD Committee.
- Project initiators must be full- or part-time personnel.
- The Project Proposal Guidelines should be followed to complete the project request. Be sure to include the following in the narrative:
- Relationship of project to Seminole State's goals and the SPD objectives: Identify the Seminole State goal that this project addresses. Explain how this project will help Seminole State achieve that goal.
- Target population: Describe the population(s) that will benefit from this project. Give evidence of the need for the project in terms of the population(s) helped. Describe the value to the College for the money spent.
- Project objectives: List measurable objectives that will be attained by the proposed activities.
- Rationale for project: Clearly list evidence of the need for this project and the value it will add to the College.
- Procedures: State specific procedures that will be followed to develop the project.
- A time table and list of people who will have major responsibilities related to the implementation of the proposed activities should be included.
- Activities should be planned to submit a Project Evaluation Interim Report during program execution, as well as a Project Evaluation Final Report upon completion of the project.
- If the project cannot be completed during the fiscal year in which it was started, you must request permission to carry the funds over to the next fiscal year.
- Evaluation: Specify the methods and criteria that will be used to evaluate the project and measure the intended results.
- Cost: Include a statement of commitment that identifies the department(s) or area(s) of the College that will support the proposed activities.
- Expenditures (equipment, supplies, salaries, consultants, etc.) should be described in the proposal narrative as well as in the budget section.
- Payments for services rendered, such as supplements, will be made in accordance with the District Board of Trustees' approved salary schedule. Part-time employees will be paid on an hourly basis in accordance with the approved schedule. The Estimate of Benefit Costs for SPD Project Form can help you calculate costs.
- Minor equipment (70500) should have a useful life of at least one year; nonconsumable equipment should have a per-unit cost more than $100 but less than $1,000. Remember to include the cost of shipping in your request. (This equipment is not tagged by the property office.)
- Minor capital equipment requests (70600) are nonconsumable, nonrecurring dollars for equpment that has a per-unit cost equal to or greater than $1,000 but less than $5,000. Remember to include the cost of shipping in your request. (This equipment is tagged by the property office and inventoried annually.)
- Any other purchase should be considered materials (use account code 65500).
- The original application, along with all required forms/information with signatures, should be sent to Sandra Lochner, Buisness Office, Sanford/Lake Mary Campus (L-215), via campus mail. One (1) electronic document inclusive of the narrative and all required forms/information with signatures should be sent via email to email@example.com by the published deadline.