The Adult High School at Seminole State College is located on our beautiful Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Students must apply by visiting our Adult Education Advising Office in building B, room 113. We offer daytime, online and mixed online/in-person course options to meet the scheduling needs of our busy students. New students must be 17 years old before their first class session begins. See the Academic Foundations calendar for session dates.
Five Steps to Get Started
To sign up for the Adult High School Program, please follow the five steps outlined below. If you have any questions, please email us or call us at 407.708.2153 and we will walk you through the process.
- Gather Transcripts: You will need to gather your official high school transcripts so we can evaluate them, transfer in what you have already completed and advise you accordingly. You may need to contact your old high school or school district in order to obtain transcripts.
Note: Students who have been expelled from school or referred to an alternative education program must call 407.708.2501 to make an appointment with the Adult Education manager before being considered for admission.
- Apply: Apply in person at our adult education advising office on our Sanford/Lake Mary Campus, located in building B, room 113. New students must be 17 years old before their first class session begins. See the Academic Foundations calendar for session dates. You will need to present official photo ID (driver's license, state ID card, etc)
- Register: After applying, you will meet with an advisor or student success specialist to evaluate your transcripts, review your test scores and to get placed in appropriate courses.
- Pay Tuition: Once you are registered, you must pay tuition to reserve your place in those courses. Tuition for the Adult High School is $30 per semester and can be paid on campus at the Cashiers Office in building SC. You can also pay online through your MySeminoleState Student Center. The due date will show on your course schedule printout and on your MySeminoleState Student Center. Be sure to pay your tuition on time to avoid being dropped from your courses.
- Attend Orientation: Orientation is a mandatory meeting for all new Adult High School students. Your orientation date will be scheduled with an advisor or specialist when you apply. Please see below for upcoming orientation dates and information.
Orientation is mandatory for all new students. At orientation, we will give an overview of our program, discuss success strategies and answer any questions you may have.
Orientation Dates for 2018 Summer A Session Courses:
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus
- Please check back soon for Summer A orientation dates.