New for 2016: Earn your high school diploma entirely online! Finish faster with our new 18 credit accelerated option!
The Adult High School at Seminole State College is located on our beautiful Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Students must apply by visiting our Adult Education Advising Office in building B, room 113. We offer daytime, online and mixed online/in-person course options to meet the scheduling needs of our busy students. New students must be 17 years old before their first class session begins . See the Academic Foundations calendar for session dates.
Five Steps to Get Started
To sign up for the Adult High School Program, please follow the five steps outlined below. If you have any questions, please email us or call us at 407.708.2153 and we will walk you through the process.
- Gather Transcripts and Apply: Request an official transcript from your high school and bring it with you, along with a copy of any FCAT or EOC scores. Submit them, along with an Adult Education Application, to the Adult Education Advising Office on our Sanford/Lake Mary Campus, located in building B, room 113.
Note: Students who have been expelled from school or referred to an alternative education program must call 407.708.2501 to make an appointment with the Adult Education manager before being considered for admission.
- Take the Placement Test: Due to a change in our policy, most new Adult High School applicants will not need to take a placement test, as their reading, writing and math skills will be evaluated based on their submitted transcripts. Those students who are required to take a placement test will be given instructions at the time of application.
- Register: After applying, you will meet with an advisor or student success specialist to evaluate your transcripts, review your test scores and to get placed in appropriate courses.
- Pay Tuition: Once you are registered, you must pay tuition to reserve your place in those courses. Tuition for the Adult High School is $30 per semester and can be paid on campus at the Cashiers Office in building A. You can also pay online through your MySeminoleState Student Center. The due date will show on your course schedule printout and on your MySeminoleState Student Center. Be sure to pay your tuition on time to avoid being dropped from your courses.
- Attend Orientation: Orientation is a mandatory meeting for all new Adult High School students. Your orientation date will be scheduled with an advisor or specialist when you apply. Please see below for upcoming orientation dates and information.
Orientation is mandatory for all new students. At orientation, we will give an overview of our program, discuss success strategies and answer any questions you may have.
Orientation Dates for 2016 Fall B Session Courses:
- Thursday, October 6, 2016, 2 p.m., building B, room 106
- Friday, October 7, 2016, 10 a.m., building B, room 106
- Monday, October 10, 2016, 6 p.m., building B, room 106
- Wednesday, October 19, 2016, 3 p.m., building B, room 106