Adult High School Admissions
Adult High School Sunsetting
The Adult High School program at Seminole State College will be sunsetting beginning Fall 2021 and will officially end after Summer 2022. New applicants and Spring 2021 students must speak to an educational advisor from the Adult Education Student Services office for a recommendation to enroll in Summer 2021 courses. Advisors are available on the Sanford/Lake Mary campus in building B, room 113 from 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday. For remote assistance, please email Adult Education Student Services or call or text 407.708.2153 to get started.
Apply for Summer Term now!
Do you have a question about the application process? We are available to help! Email us now. You can also call or text 407.708.2153.
Five Steps to Get Started
Adult High School students must be 17 years old before their first class session, and Summer-A session begins on May 10, 2021. See the Academic Foundations calendar for more important dates.
The Adult High School will continue to offer online classes during Summer Term 2021. However, Student Affairs staff are available for in-person application, registration and payment help at the Sanford/Lake Mary campus in building B, room 113. No appointment is necessary. Drop by during our regular business hours, Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m. In addition, all student services are still available virtually Monday-Friday if you choose not to come to campus. Feel free to email, call, or text us at 407.708.2153 if you have any questions about the steps below, and we will walk you through the process.
- Download and complete the Academic Foundations application. Sign with a pen or type your signature. We can accept typed signatures even though the form says "ink only."
*Note: Students who have been expelled from school or referred to an alternative education program must call 407.708.2259 to speak to the Adult Education manager before being considered for admission.
- Email your completed application to the Adult Education Student Services team. Be sure to save the completed application file before you send it. Please note that if you try to fill it out without saving you may accidentally submit a blank form.
- An advisor will respond to your email with next steps, including how to create your MySeminoleState account and how to set up your official Seminole State email address.
MySeminoleState Account Setup
Seminole State Email Setup
Provide your official, inter-district high school transcripts so we can evaluate transfer credits and test scores that you have already earned and advise you accordingly. Have your official transcripts sent from your school either electronically to email@example.com or via mail (unopened, signed and sealed) to:
SSC Enrollment Svcs
Attn: AHS Transcripts
100 Weldon Blvd.
Sanford, FL 32773
- Complete the New Student Orientation by watching the orientation video. Below you can find some handouts and the presentation that we offer when holding in-person orientations.
- Email the Adult Education Student Services team to confirm you have completed orientation prior to course registration.
- An advisor will send a registration form to your official SSC email with suggested courses.
- Download and complete the form with your chosen courses. Again, sign with a pen or type your signature. We can accept typed signatures even though the form says "ink only."
- Use your official SSC email to send your completed registration form back to the Adult Education Student Services team.
- An advisor will send your schedule to your official SSC email account. The schedule serves as confirmation that you have been registered. It also shows your fee payment deadline.
- Pay the $30 fee through your MySeminoleState Student Center before the deadline to avoid being dropped from your classes.
Online Fee Payment
Please contact us if you need any help with the online payment process.
Complete Mandatory Virtual Orientation
The mandatory Virtual Orientation is a separate requirement from the new student orientation video. Virtual Orientation will include:
- A meet-and-greet time with your instructors
- A tutorial for navigating your classes in Canvas and submitting assignments
- Updates, policies, and support services for Adult Ed
Complete the mandatory virtual orientation via Zoom on Wednesday, June 23, 2021, at 7 p.m. You do not need to use a webcam to attend or create a Zoom account. Here’s a quick video that shows you how to join a Zoom meeting from your browser without installing Zoom.
- Join the Zoom Virtual Orientation from your computer or
join by phone and call 646.558.8656.
- Meeting ID: 976 0293 1972
- Password: 096721
Email the Adult Ed. Transition Advisor, Roxanne Caloza, or call 407.708.2629 for more information about the Virtual Orientation.