The Adult High School at Seminole State College is located on our beautiful Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Students must apply by visiting our Adult Education Advising Office in building B, room 113. We offer daytime, online and mixed online/in-person course options to meet the scheduling needs of our busy students. New students must be 17 years old before their first semester begins (before May 9, 2016, for the Summer A and B sessions).
Five Steps to Get Started
To sign up for the Adult High School Program, please follow the five steps outlined below. If you have any questions, please email us or call us at 407.708.2153 and we will walk you through the process.
- Gather Transcripts and Apply: Request an official transcript from your high school and bring it with you when you apply. Submit an Adult Education Application to the Adult Education Advising Office on our Sanford/Lake Mary Campus, located in building B, room 113.
Note: Students who have been expelled from school or referred to an alternative education program must call 407.708.2501 to make an appointment with the Adult Education manager before being considered for admission.
- Take the TABE Test: Before registration, applicants will need to complete a placement test called the TABE (Test of Adult Basic Education) in order to be placed in appropriate courses based on their individual needs. The TABE can take up to 2.5 hours to complete, so make sure you have enough time set aside when you are ready to take the test.
Note: You may skip this requirement if you have passed the 10th grade reading FCAT 2.0 and algebra I with a “C” grade or higher. Be sure to bring a copy of your FCAT and/or EOC scores with you when you apply.
- Register: After taking the TABE, you will meet with an advisor or student success specialist to evaluate your transcripts, review your test scores and to get placed in appropriate courses.
- Pay Tuition: Once you are registered, you must pay tuition to reserve your place in those courses. Tuition for the Adult High School is $30 per semester and can be paid on campus at the Cashiers Office in building A. You can also pay online through your MySeminoleState Student Center. The due date will show on your course schedule printout and on your MySeminoleState Student Center. Be sure to pay your tuition on time to avoid being dropped from your courses.
- Attend Orientation: Orientation is a mandatory meeting for all new Adult High School students. Your orientation date will be scheduled with an advisor or specialist when you apply. Please see below for upcoming orientation dates and information.
Orientation is mandatory for all new students. At orientation, we will give an overview of our program, discuss success strategies and answer any questions you may have. You can view or download our current Adult High School orientation presentation. You can also download our orientation handouts like the New Student Checklist and our Career Academies information sheet.
Orientation Dates for Summer 2016 A Session Courses
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus:
- Tuesday, April 5, 2016, 10 a.m., building B, room 106
- Wednesday, April 13, 2016, 2 p.m., building B, room 106
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016, 10 a.m., building B, room 106
- Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 2 p.m., building B, room 106
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 6 p.m., building B, room 106
- Wednesday, May 11, 2016, 6 p.m., building B, room 106 (make-up orientation)