Adult High School Admissions
Apply for Spring Term now!
Do you have a question about the application process? We are available to help! Email us now. You can also call or text 407.708.2153.
Seminole State continues to follow state and county guidelines for social distancing and other measures to minimize the spread of the novel coronavirus.
The Adult High School will continue to offer online classes during Spring Term 2021. Rest assured that faculty and staff are available to help you stay on track with your education and achieve your academic and career goals. Feel free to email, call, or text us at 407.708.2153 if you have any questions, and we will walk you through the process.
Please note that new Adult High School students must be 17 years old before their first class session. Spring Term begins on January 11, 2021. See the Academic Foundations calendar for more important dates.
Five Steps to Get Started
To sign up for the Adult High School Program, please follow the steps outlined below or visit the Adult Education Student Services office on the Sanford/Lake Mary campus in building B, room 113. Their hours are 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays.
- Download and complete the Academic Foundations application. Sign with a pen or type your signature. We can accept typed signatures even though the form says "ink only."
*Note: Students who have been expelled from school or referred to an alternative education program must call 407.708.2259 to speak to the Adult Education manager before being considered for admission.
- Email your completed application to the Adult Education Student Services team. Be sure to save the completed application file before you send it. Please note that if you try to fill it out without saving you may accidentally submit a blank form.
- An advisor will respond to your email with next steps, including how to create your MySeminoleState account and how to set up your official Seminole State email address.
MySeminoleState Account Setup
Seminole State Email Setup
Provide your official, inter-district high school transcripts so we can evaluate transfer credits and test scores that you have already earned and advise you accordingly. Have your official transcripts sent from your school either electronically or via mail (unopened, signed and sealed) to:
SSC Enrollment Svcs
Attn: AHS Transcripts
100 Weldon Blvd.
Sanford, FL 32773
- Complete the New Student Orientation by watching the orientation video. Below you can find some handouts and the presentation that we offer when holding in-person orientations.
- Email the Adult Education Student Services team to confirm you have completed orientation prior to course registration.
- An advisor will send a registration form to your official SSC email with suggested courses.
- Download and complete the form with your chosen courses. Again, sign with a pen or type your signature. We can accept typed signatures even though the form says "ink only."
- Use your official SSC email to send your completed registration form back to the Adult Education Student Services team.
- An advisor will send your schedule to your official SSC email account. The schedule serves as confirmation that you have been registered. It also shows your fee payment deadline.
- Pay the $30 fee through your MySeminoleState Student Center before the deadline to avoid being dropped from your classes.
Online Fee Payment
Please contact us if you need any help with the online payment process.
Complete Mandatory Virtual Orientation
The mandatory Virtual Orientation is a separate requirement from the new student orientation video. Virtual Orientation will include:
- A meet-&-greet time with your instructors
- A refresher for navigating your classes in Canvas
- A review of the policies and procedures for the Adult High School, including the AHS Online Student Contract
Participate via Zoom on Monday, January 11, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. You do not need to use a webcam to attend or create a Zoom account. Here’s a quick video that shows you how to join a Zoom meeting from your browser without installing Zoom.
- Join by clicking this Zoom Virtual Orientation link or by calling 646.558.8656.
- Meeting ID: 926 0282 7686
- Password: z5zUpi
Contact the Secondary Studies Coordinator, Jane Hudson, or 407.708.2454 for more information about the Virtual Orientation.