Find out what's going on around campus and what's new with Student Life's clubs and organizations in the brand-new SGA Newsletter!
Take the Challenge
- Attend Student Government Association meetings.
- Deal with student issues and concerns, plan activities, and budget money to campus clubs.
- Get involved in campus life and state legislative issues.
- Make new friends and have fun!
- Interested in becoming an SGA officer? Then run for SGA Office. Elections take place April 7-8, 2014. Download the Sanford/Lake Mary SGA Elections Application and make a difference. Contact Mauricio Garcia or call 407.708.2678 for more information.
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus SGA Fall and Spring term meetings are held on Mondays at 12:30 p.m. in room C-110. The schedule for Summer Term meetings is determined by the SGA president. Please check back at a later date for the updated SGA meeting schedule for the Summer Term.
All Seminole State college-credit and career-program students are welcome to attend.
- Mission: The purpose of SGA is to provide Seminole State students with a representative form of government. Acting in unison, SGA will promote, regulate and coordinate activities that may impact the entire College community, and that will help create a learning environment that increases the chances of student success inside and outside the classroom.
- Membership: All college-credit and career-program students who are enrolled in courses at Seminole State are members of SGA. All activities and meetings sponsored by SGA are open to any Seminole State student.
- Elected officers: The elected officers of SGA are the president, vice president and secretary/treasurer. The SGA president appoints committee chairs to conduct the Association's business. Appointments are made for the positions of student organizations chair, public relations chair, student services chair and diversity chair.
- Elections: All Seminole State student are encouraged to participate in SGA elections on their campus. Elections for the 2014-2015 academic year, will take place on April 7-9, 2014.
If you have any questions, please email Mauricio Garcia or call him at 407.708.2678.