The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is a long-range project, extending over several years. This timeline will be updated frequently throughout the process.
- Topic Selection Committee met with groups across campus to explain the QEP process and solicit ideas.
- Committee reviewed Collegewide input and generated a Top 10 list and then conducted a survey for feedback on these topics.
- Committee reviewed feedback and generated a list of the final three topics.
- Three subcommittees were formed to research the remaining topics (reading, writing, problem solving).
- After research concluded, committee members presented the ideas and groups across the College were asked to vote on the choices.
- Reading improvement was chosen for Seminole State College’s QEP and officially adopted by Executive Team.
- The QEP Development Team (with six subcommittees) was formed with 60 members across the College.
- Each group met to research their areas, refine goals, define intervention strategies, and write learning outcomes.
- After a campuswide contest, Read to Succeed was voted in as the name of the QEP.
- Drafting of the QEP document began.
- Subcommittees continued to plan for future implementation and edit the QEP document.
- Pilot programs in curricular and co-curricular goals began.
- Presentations to update departments about the QEP began.
- A student advisory committee is being formed to assist with planning.
- QEP document will be submitted to SACS.
- Pilot programs will continue.
- A QEP Director will be in place to coordinate QEP activities.
- SACS site visit is Sept. 24-26!
- QEP implementation will begin across the College.