Take the Challenge
- Attend Student Government Association meetings.
- Deal with student issues and concerns, plan activities, and budget money to campus clubs.
- Get involved in campus life and state legislative issues.
- Make new friends and have fun!
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus SGA Fall and Spring term meetings are held on Mondays at 12:30 p.m. in room C-110. The schedule for Summer Term meetings is determined by the SGA president. Please check back at a later date for the updated SGA meeting schedule for the Summer Term.
All Seminole State college-credit and career-program students are welcome to attend.
- Mission: The purpose of SGA is to provide Seminole State students with a representative form of government. Acting in unison, SGA will promote, regulate and coordinate activities that may impact the entire College community, and that will help create a learning environment that increases the chances of student success inside and outside the classroom.
- Membership: All college-credit and career-program students who are enrolled in courses at Seminole State are members of SGA. All activities and meetings sponsored by SGA are open to any Seminole State student.
- Elected officers: The elected officers of SGA are the president, vice president and secretary/treasurer. The SGA president appoints committee chairs to conduct the Association's business. Appointments are made for the positions of student organizations chair, public relations chair, student services chair and diversity chair.
- Officer Selection: Are you interested in becoming an SGA officer? Download a 2013 Spring SGA Application submit it for the consideration of the SGA president by May 22. SGA at the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus is looking for indivisuals who want to lead and make an impact. The following positions are available:
- Student organizations chair
- Student services chair
- Public relations chair
- Diversity chair
Remember: The deadline to submit your application is May 22.
You can learn more about the reposibilities of each position by downloading the 2013 Spring SGA Application. If you have any questions, please email Mauricio Garcia or call him at 407.708.2678.