Grade Change (Procedure 4.0301)
|Based on board policy number and Florida Statute: ||Effective Date:
|1001.64 F.S., FAC 6A-14.0262; SCC rule 4.090
To provide a process for faculty to accurately report a change of grade to the Office of Student Records. This procedure is applicable to the following careers: College Credit, Vocational, Adult Education, Community and Continuing Education (as appropriate), and Adult High School.
- Grade Change Cards (form) are stored under lock and key in the Enrollment Services Department. Grade change cards are sequentially numbered in batches of twenty-five (25) for additional security purposes. A dean, program manager/department chair or departmental secretary may obtain a supply of the sequentially numbered cards; however, any person receiving grade change cards must ensure that students cannot access these cards.
- A professor may obtain an individual grade change card in person from the Enrollment Services Department or directly from his/her home department.
- Unless the student has received a degree, certification, or diploma, the professor may go back one prior calendar year from the end of the term in which the initial grade was posted to change a grade. Grade changes extending beyond this one-year period must be done by the written permission of the Vice President of Educational Programs (only if the degree, certification, or diploma has not been awarded).
- The Office of Enrollment Services will provide "documentation of grade change" to the professor of each grade change.
- The records office will accept a grade change card from the professor or departmental secretary. The departments should not send the card by a work-study student to retrieve or deliver a grade change card. The signed card may be sent through "inter-office mail" as long as the card is sealed in an envelope and then placed inside the inter-office mail envelope.
- The Grade Change Card MUST be signed by the professor initiating the grade change. Only the appropriate dean can sign for a professor; however, the dean must attach a letter of explanation as to why the professor is not signing the grade change card. The registrar reserves the right to require the additional signature of the Vice President of Educational Programs.
- The Grade Change Card must be completed entirely. Including the following elements:
- Student's identification number
- Name of student
- Subject and Catalog Number
- Class Number
- Last Date of Attendance if the grade is a "W" or "F"
- Grade change (FROM an TO)
- Professor's legible printed name
- Professor's signature.
- For dual enrollment courses, professors cannot change a grade to a "W."
- A grade of "I" (Incomplete) will automatically be changed to a grade of "F." This occurs thirty (30) calendar days after the first day of classes of the next semester. Professors may change the "F" to the correct grade within the one calendar year deadline. Unless the student has received a degree, certification, or diploma, the professor may go back one prior calendar year from the end of the term in which the "I" was posted to an "F" and change the grade of "F" to the correct grade.
- Professors who do not submit grades before the deadline at the end of the semester must provide all individual student grades on grade change cards.
- Professors are informed of all changes resulting from the use of Grade Change Cards.
||President, E.Ann McGee