On Campus Solicitation, Posting of Notices and Petitions (Procedure 1.1000)
|Based on board policy number and Florida Statute:||Effective Date:
|F. S. 240.319(2)
The purpose of this procedure is to define the process for college responses to requests for solicitation, posting of notices, and petitions by non-SCC persons or organizations.
- Solicitation/Posting of Notices:
- All commercial advertising, notices, flyers, publications or other forms of communication must be registered with the Office of Student Activities.
- Registration will require the completion of a form with the name, address, occupational license number of any commercial enterprises, etc. No commercial solicitation will be permitted without the appropriate occupational license.
- The posting of commercial materials will be restricted to the College Student Center and a location designated in the College mail room. The distribution of commercial materials is also restricted to the Student Center.
- Nothing will be distributed on campus without a registration number and expiration dated affixed thereto and plainly visible. All expiration dates will be established to be fifteen (15) working days from date of registration.
- Anything posted on campus without a registration number and expiration date will be immediately removed.
- Anyone posting or soliciting on campus without registration is trespassing and subject to arrest and prosecution.
- The name of the College will not be used in joint advertising without the permission of the President or his designee.
- The College reserves the right to enter into agreement with commercial concerns in support of college events and services. Co-sponsored activities will be considered official college function and not subject to the above restrictions.
- Product or service sales are not permitted on campus.
- Requests to conduct petitions or surveys on campus are considered by the Vice President, Student Success Services in relation to the purpose and mission of the institution. If the request is approved, the time, place and manner for collection of signatures is determined by the Vice-President for Student Success Services or designee.
- Guidelines for approval of requests for surveys and petitions:
- The requested activity is consistent with the educational mission of the institution.
- The activity does not have the immediate potential of disrupting classroom or general campus life.
- Discretion may be exercised by the administration in its decision-making, consistent with the scope of its responsibilities to maintain a productive and amicable campus environment.
||President, E.Ann McGee