Committee to Appoint Committees (Procedure 1.0900.4)
|Based on board policy number and Florida Statutes:
||College Policy 1.020
|Date of Review:
||05/09; 08/11; 03/12
The Committee to Appoint Committees (CTAC) is a standing committee of the College. The purpose of the committee is to manage the college wide standing committee appointment process. The committee recommends Seminole State College faculty and staff members to serve on the standing committees of the College and submits these recommendations to the Executive Team for review prior to appointment by the President.
- The committee will have the responsibility to ensure that:
- The appointment procedures for standing committees are followed.
- Diversity in the committee representation is achieved.
- Multi-campus representation is considered.
- Necessary membership updates and revisions are carried out in a timely manner.
- Representation is as broad as possible within established parameters established by the President.
- The college committee structures are reviewed periodically.
- Committee chairs are oriented and trained as to relevant committee procedures.
- The committee structure and appointment process is evaluated periodically.
- Membership of the committee shall consist of the following:
- Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- One Provost or Associate Vice President
- One Student Affairs representative
- Faculty Senate President, Vice President or designee
- Director of the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning
- One faculty member from each of the following areas (at least one to be a Faculty Senate member)
- Academic Foundations
- Arts and Sciences
- Career and Professional Programs
- Engineering, Design, and Construction
- Professional staff member
- Career service staff member
- The chair of the committee shall be selected from the membership.
- The chair will have the responsibility to:
- send a list of vacant student positions on all standing committees to the Director of Student Life, who will coordinate with the Student Government Association to make appointments
- forward the committee's annual assessment to the liaison Vice President.
- Except where membership is defined by position title, members shall serve three- year, staggered terms.
- The committee shall meet no less than two times a year. Minutes of each meeting shall be recorded and posted on the Seminole State Web page in accordance with Procedure 1.0900.
- Recommendations of the Committee for improvement and change will be made to the Executive Vice President for presentation to the Executive Team.
||President, E. Ann McGee