Planning/Budget Committee (Procedure 1.0900.3)
|Based on Board Policy and Florida Statutes:
||F.S. 1001.64; College Policy 1.020
||2/92; Rev. 6/97; 4/02; 2/07; 5/11; 03/2013
|Date of Review:
||05/09; 08/11; 03/12
The purpose of the Planning and Budgeting Committee is to develop, implement, evaluate, and refine systematic, integrated college-wide planning, budgeting and evaluation processes that support the goal of institutional effectiveness.
- In order to accomplish this the committee will:
- Develop and disseminate a college-wide planning and budgeting calendar that will allow all employees of the college to meet necessary deadlines to ensure a timely and effective process.
- Develop recommendations based upon the College's strategic plan and financial resources for the overall annual operating budget's guiding principles.
- Develop and disseminate planning, budgeting, evaluation resource materials, and define processes for submitting annual plans and budget requests.
- Support the timely and continuous use of planning and budgeting tools and procedures such that all unit objectives, action plans, and resources are recorded and assessed.
- Review prior year’s planning and budgeting process to help inform future planning and budgeting cycles.
- Align committee's activities with the College's strategic plan.
- Review annual plans and produce an annual report of institutional results tied to the College’s strategic goals.
- Establish subcommittees or taskforces as needed to complete action items.
- Create, develop, and recommend specific action plans when necessary in regard to planning and budgeting.
- Membership on the committee shall consist of the following:
- Associate Vice President of Business Services
- Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness & Research
- Academic Affairs Planning Unit Manager representation, one from each area:
- School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Career and Professional Programs
- School of Engineering, Design, and Construction
- School of Academic Foundations
- One Planning Unit Manager from the Student Affairs Division
- One Planning Unit Manager from the Administrative Services Division
- One Planning Unit Manager from the Information Technology and Resources Division
- One representative from the President’s Division
- One Career Service representative from each Division, appointed by the Vice President of that division
- Academic Affairs
- Student Affairs
- Administrative Services
- Information Technology and Resources
- Institutional Effectiveness Planning Coordinator
- Budget Coordinator/Analyst.
- The Offices of: Business Services, and Institutional Effectiveness and Research will support the Committee.
- The Associate Vice President of Business Services and the Associate Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness & Research shall co-chair the committee.
- The Chairs will have the responsibility to forward the Committee’s annual assessment to the liaison Vice Presidents.
- Except where membership is defined by position title, members shall serve two-year, staggered terms.
- The committee shall meet no less than two times a year; minutes of each meeting shall be recorded and posted to the Seminole State Web page in accordance with Procedure 1.0900.
- Recommendations of the Committee for improvement and change will be made to the Executive Team.
||President, E. Ann McGee