|Based on board policy number and Florida Statute:||Effective Date:
|Seminole State Rule 1.020 (E)
||2/92; Rev. 6/97; 2/07
The purpose of the committee is to consider written appeals concerning administrative record changes resulting in a refund based upon the following criteria: illness of self; death in the immediate family; involuntary call to active duty; or other emergency circumstances or extraordinary situations which are demonstrated through documentation that the circumstance or extraordinary situation is beyond the student's control, and prevents the student from attending class. The committee may consider any other matter in which the student is seeking an exception to college decisions, policies, and rules which do not fall under the purview of the Admissions and Graduation Committee.
- The membership of the committee shall consist of the following:
- Associate Vice President for Finance and Budget/Comptroller
- One Academic Dean
- Director of Enrollment Services and Registrar
- Director of Counseling and Educational Planning
- Director of Financial Aid Resources
- Director of Assessment, Testing, and Student Advocacy
- Five faculty members representing the following areas and campuses (at least one will be a Faculty Senate member)
- Adult Education
- Arts and Sciences
- Career and Technical Programs
- One counselor or educational advisor recommended by the Director of Counseling and Educational Planning
- Equity Coordinator
- One career service staff member
- The chair of the committee shall be selected from the membership.
- The chair will be responsible for forwarding the committee's annual assessment to the Vice President for Student Success and to the Dean for Planning, Assessment & Quality Improvement.
- Except where membership is defined by position title, members shall serve two year, staggered terms.
- The committee shall typically meet each month, but no less than two times a year. Minutes of each meeting shall be recorded and posted to the SCC webpage in accordance with Procedure 1.0900.
- Recommendations of the Committee for improvement and change will be made through the Vice President for Student Success.
||President, E.Ann McGee