Library Committee (Procedure 1.0900.10)
|Based on board policy number and Florida Statutes:
||College Policy 1.020
||2/25/92; Rev. 6/97; 2/07; 01/2013
|Date of Review:
||05/09; 08/11; 03/12
The purpose of the Library Committee is to serve as a liaison between the library staff and users of library services. The committee assists the staff in expanding and updating the collections and services for all campus libraries, and promoting the integration of library resources into instruction.
- The responsibilities of the Library Committee shall be to:
- Review procedures and plans of the Library, and support procedures/those that will yield the greatest overall benefit to the educational programs and learning environment of the college;
- Work with the Dean in developing Library procedures and plans which meet the needs of faculty, staff, and students;
- Advise and consult with college administration about
- The state of the Library's resources, services and procedures
- The College's commitment to ensure that the Library serves the teaching, research, and public service missions of the college
- Actively monitor campus concerns about college Library resources, policies, procedures, and services.
- Represent SSC's library interests in joint use library initiatives
- The membership of the committee shall consist of the following:
- One Academic Dean or Associate Vice President (AVP)
- Six faculty members representing all campuses/centers (at least one to be a Faculty Senate member)
- One professional staff member
- One career service staff member
- One career service staff member from the Library
- Equity Officer or designee
- Two students nominated by the Student Government Association (SGA)
- Dean of Libraries and Learning Technology (ex-officio non-voting member)
- The chair of the committee shall be elected by the committee membership, but shall not be the Dean of Libraries and Learning Technology.
- The chair of the committee will have the responsibility to:
- forward the committee's annual assessment to the liaison Vice President
- attend, or send his/her designee, to report at the Faculty Senate meeting.
- Except where membership is defined by position title, members shall serve two-year, staggered terms.
- The committee shall meet no less than two times a year. Minutes of each meeting shall be recorded and posted to the Standing Committees webpage in accordance with Procedure 1.0900.
- Recommendations of the committee for improvement and change will be made through the Vice President for Instructional Technology and Resources.
||President, E.Ann McGee