Veteran's Fee Deferments (Procedure 5.2000)
|Based on board policy number and Florida Statute: ||Effective Date:
||June 10, 1997
To outline the process for dealing with fee deferments for veterans certified as eligible by the Financial Aid Office.
- Veterans' deferments are temporary deferments of tuition for eligible military veterans.
- After registering, the student must go to the Financial Aid Office to see the VA representative who assists the student in completing the necessary VA paperwork as well as a VA Deferment Promissory Note.
- The VA representative is responsible for approving the VA deferment and entering the award in the Consortium Student Records System (CSRS) which automatically creates a restriction for the student. If any fees are still due, the student must then proceed to the Business Office to complete the registration process and to receive his/her fee statement.
- The original VA deferment Promissory Notes are sent by the VA representative to the Office of Finance and Budget who maintains the files.
- All collection activity is handled by the Office of Finance and Budget according to standard collection procedures.
||President, E.Ann McGee