|Based on Board Policy and Florida Statute:||Effective Date:
|1001.64, 1010.04, 1010.02 F.S.; Policy 5.050
To provide a procedure for College employees to request and utilize an alternate method known as a Purchasing Card (P-Card) for purchasing goods for the College when the normal purchase order process is not feasible.
- College employees who are designated by their department manager to initiate departmental purchases may be eligible to apply for a College Purchasing Card.
- Use of the P-Card may not circumvent State Rules related to bid requirements, nor other College policies or procedures related to the purchasing process.
- Each employee in possession of a College P-Card is responsible for adhering to all rules, regulations, and prudent use/safeguarding of the card.
- If the P-Card is used for college related travel, current travel policies and procedures must also be adhered to.
- Certain positions within the Administrative Services Division of the College will be designated as Administrators of the P-Card program and will have the responsibility for issuing, monitoring, de-activating, training and communicating proper use of the card to cardholders.
- Misuse of the College P-Card will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination from employment with the college.
- P-Card Manual: The Administrative Services Division will maintain a P-Card manual for access and use by all College employees. This manual will contain all pertinent information, rules, and forms related to the P-Card program.
| Recommended by
||President, E.Ann McGee