Laboratory and Special Course Fees (Procedure 5.0460)
|Based on board policy number and Florida Statute:||Effective Date:
|SCC Policy 5.040, Florida Statute 1009.23, FAC 6A-14.054
To outline the process for determining laboratory and special course fees.
- A determination will be made by the Academic Departments and approved by the appropriate management level if a course requires a laboratory or special course fee, based on extraordinary costs in excess of base instructional costs.
- The appropriate Academic Department is responsible for initiating the Laboratory/material/special course fee form. Each department is responsible for documenting the costs that warrant the charging of a lab/special course fee.
- Once all approvals are obtained, the form is routed to the Office of Finance and Budget for input.
- Once all fees are finalized prior to the beginning of each term's registration period, the Academic Departments are responsible for reviewing lab/special course fees on the official class fee audit report.
- No changes will be made to lab/special course fees once registration begins for each term. Exceptions to this part of the procedure are:
- When a new distance learning section is added to the schedule.
- When a new course is added to the course catalog.
- Periodic reviews of lab/course fees will be performed periodically as needed by the Office of Finance and Budget.
||President, E.Ann McGee