Facilities Use (Procedure 6.0100)
|Based on board policy number and Florida Statute:||Effective Date:
|1001.64, F. S.; FAC 6A-14.0247, 6A-14.0262
||August 1, 1999
To provide a means by which the use of campus facilities may be scheduled for class and non-class activities and by community organizations without causing the College to compromise its educational programs or to incur expense or liability
- Use of Facilities for Classes, Non-class Events and Seminole State-sponsored events:
- Use of facilities for classes shall have priority over all other uses. Use of classrooms and other facilities for class purposes shall be determined as part of the schedule building process. Use of class facilities for sections shall be scheduled by designated schedulers in CSRS.
- Use of facilities for non-class events includes, but is not limited to, concerts, plays, sports events, films, departmental meetings and other business or administrative events. Requests to schedule a non-class event are made by contacting "Rooms" in GroupWise. When the facility is booked, a confirmation will be sent to the requesting party.
- Use of facilities for events sponsored by the College includes, but is not limited to, seminars, demonstrations, lectures and other events presented by or in conjunction with outside organizations which, in the judgment of the sponsoring department, further the core educational mission of Seminole State College. Upon approval of the Vice President over the sponsoring department, use of facilities for Seminole State-sponsored events shall be scheduled in the same manner as for non-class events. Prior to scheduling College sponsored events, the sponsoring department shall consult with the Office of Risk Management to determine any special insurance coverage requirements.
- Use of Facilities by Outside Organizations
- The facilities of Seminole State are available for use on a temporary basis only, to public institutions and community organizations. Persons or organizations that may use the facilities of Seminole State College, in order of priority, are: college-related activities, public educational institutions, governmental institutions and not-for-profit private corporations. The facilities of Seminole State College are available for use by for-profit, private corporations upon approval of the Vice President for Administration and Business Services.
- All requests from external organizations to use college facilities should be directed to the Office of Risk Management. Requests shall be recorded on a Facilities Reservation form. The requesting party will be informed of applicable fees for use of the facility; any special conditions or equipment required shall be identified and the costs thereof shall be assessed. Facility rates are available in Table 1, attached hereto.
Facilities Reservation forms shall be reviewed by the Office of Finance and Budget for scheduling conflicts and compliance with this procedure. The Vice President for Administration and Business Services or designee will thereafter review the reservation request for approval.
If the Facilities Reservation is approved, the facilities scheduler shall make an entry on the campus master calendar maintained in the Office of Risk Management, reflecting that the requested facility has been reserved for the requested date and time. If the Facilities Reservation is not approved, the party requesting the reservation will be contacted and the reason for the denial will be explained.
All Reservation requests should be received at least four weeks, but not more than three months, in advance.
- Upon approval of a Facilities Reservation, the Office of Finance and Budget shall prepare a Facilities Use Agreement to be sent to the requesting party. The Facilities Use Agreement is to be filled out by the requesting party and returned with payment, if required, made out to Seminole State College. When the Facilities Use Agreement is returned properly completed, the Reservation shall be deemed confirmed, and arrangements for use of the facility, with any special conditions, will be completed with the Physical Plant department . The Risk Management Coordinator shall determine the category of event, as defined by the Risk Management Consortium, and shall arrange for insurance coverage consistent with Consortium guidelines.
- Use of Seminole State facilities is subject to the following conditions, limitations and special requirements:
- Authorization to use college facilities is granted for the dates and times specified in the Agreement. Seminole State College of Florida assumes no obligation to provide facilities in the event that a change of either date or time is requested.
- The activities of the College have first priority and the College reserves the right to alter the scheduled use of its facilities by notifying the user organization thirty calendar days or more prior to a scheduled activity.
- Seminole State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution and does not tolerate discrimination against an applicant organization on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, handicap or national origin.
- When a facility is being used, a college employee shall be on duty and shall be fully in charge of the facility being used.
- Groups with minors in attendance shall provide responsible adult supervision.
- Display material used or distributed on campus must be approved by the VPABS or designee and must be removed by the User within one working day after the event.
- User's equipment left on the campus will incur appropriate storage and moving charges when continued storage interferes with campus activities. At the option of the College, a deposit may be required to encourage prompt removal of User's equipment.
- Obtaining any licenses or permits required by law for the activity will be the responsibility of the User and any statement of rules or regulations accompanying each license or permit shall become a part of the Facilities Use Agreement.
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is not permitted on college property. any person under the influence of intoxicating beverages or drugs shall be denied the opportunity to participate in any way.
- Groups or organizations using college facilities shall conform to all federal and state statutes, county ordinances and fire regulations.
- Restrictions regarding eating, drinking and smoking must be observed.
- No illegal activities (gambling, etc.) are allowed on the College grounds.
- Facilities are generally available for use as set out herein between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Special arrangements can be made to have facilities available from 5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and on weekends. Facilities are not available on school holidays or break periods. Activities will not be permitted between the hours of 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 am.
- Schedule of charges:
Use of Seminole State College facilities is subject to the fees and charges contained in Table 1, attached hereto.
- Fines for late return of equipment or for damage to College equipment or property shall be determined by the Vice President for Administrative and Business Services based on the condition of the equipment or property when returned and the estimated cost of replacement or any repairs required to restore the equipment or property to its prior condition .
||President, E.Ann McGee