College Admission Requirements (Policy 3.020)
||F.S. 1001.64; 1007.263; 1009.26; 1007.264
||1/83; Rev. 7/92, 1/93, 2/93, 6/94, 1/98, 2/02, 12/04, 5/05, 10/09, 02/2013
|Date of Review:
||05/09, 08/11, 03/12, 01/13
- The College maintains an "Open Door" policy for lower division programs, which guarantees admission for high school graduates with standard diplomas, GED graduates and graduates from an approved home education program pursuant to Florida Statutes. Applicants who seek to enroll in a Baccalaureate Degree program must meet the specific requirements of the program.
- All admissions shall be administered by the Division of Student Affairs in accordance with Florida Statute, State Board of Education Rules, and College policy. The College reserves the right to limit access in selected programs based on limited facilities. Admission to limited access programs shall be coordinated with appropriate Program Managers, Associate Deans, and Deans/Associate Vice Presidents.
- The College reserves the right to deny or rescind admission to any student whose record of behavior indicates that he or she would disrupt the orderly processes of the College's programs or would interfere with the rights and privileges of other students.
- Applicants who furnish false, inaccurate or misleading information may be denied admission or may be subject to dismissal from the College.
- The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, gender, veterans’ or military status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital or status, or any other factor protected under applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations in any of its educational programs or other programs and practices.