Contract Personnel Right to Hearing (Policy 2.011)
||Florida Statute 1001.64; FAC 6A-14.0411;
- It is the policy of the Board that the dismissal of instructional, administrative and other professional personnel on either annual or continuing contract or the return to annual contract of those employees on continuing contract shall be conducted according to State Board of Education regulations and Florida Statutes and in accordance with the requirements of due process.
- If an employee under continuing contract is dismissed or returned to an annual contract, that employee shall have the right:
- To a hearing before the Board of Trustees in accordance with the established procedures of the College;or
- To request an administrative hearing in accordance with the dictates of Chapter 120, Florida Statutes.
- If an employee on annual contract is terminated prior to the expiration date of the contract, that employee shall have the right to a hearing before the Board of Trustees in accordance with the established procedures of the College.
- The President shall cause the procedure to be developed and established to implement this policy.