- Provide opportunities for employees to become involved in educational experiences and professional activities that are relevant to assigned responsibilities
- Provide support needed by full-time employees because of their service as a state, regional, or national officer of a professional organization. The services to be rendered should relate to the mission, vision and goals of the college and to the duties and responsibilities of the requester at Seminole State.
SPD guidelines exist to assist in extending the limited funds to support as much travel as possible. SPD support may not exceed fifty percent (50%) of the travel cost. The maximum reimbursement, per full-time individual, per fiscal year, for any combination of tuition and travel is $2,500.00. The maximum reimbursement per part-time employee (excluding student employees-who are ineligible) is $1,000.00 per fiscal year, for any combination of tuition and travel.
- Employees may attend conferences, workshops, or seminars, and make visitations for the purpose of updating knowledge and skills as it pertains to their college position.
- Employees should minimize costs by seeking programs at the closest location with the least expensive registration and lowest fares.
- Support is not intended to pay dues or ordinary expenses for a professional organizational membership, but is intended to cover travel costs for out-of-state, regional, or national meetings, which are not otherwise covered by the organization.
- Travel outside the contiguous United States requires documentation of travel benefits and requires the approval of the President and the District Board of Trustees.
- Requests for travel must be submitted five business days prior to the next regular SPD Committee meeting (see online Travel Manual). All travel requests must be submitted prior to departure. All requests will be considered at the next monthly SPD Committee meeting, but not necessarily approved. Reimbursement is not guaranteed until approved by the committee. The SPD Committee will make recommendations on travel requests that exceed $250.00.
- Travel requests of $250.00 or less are approved by the SPD Specialist without committee review. A report of the travel approved for $250.00 or less will be made to the SPD Committee at the next regular meeting.
- All pertinent travel information should be attached to the request including itineraries, activity descriptions, costs, etc.
- The approval of the SPD Committee must be obtained prior to any action, which may result in a commitment of college services or resources.