All FNSA members enrolled in nursing courses and all recent graduates are eligible for an FNSA scholarship. The source of all FNSA Scholarships will be the Florida Nurses Association Foundation. The FNSA Treasurer will coordinate all Scholarship awards and The Executive Board will establish the total amount available for scholarships.
The selection process will be handled by the Scholarship Selection Committee, appointed by the FNSA Treasurer and will consist of one consultant from each Region if possible. The chair of the selection committee will be a member of the Florida Nurses Foundation if possible. The following scholarships will be awarded:
- There will be one (1) Heather Scaglione Leadership Scholarship, (1) ClayQell Home Leadership Scholarship for outstanding individual contributions to FNSA and NSNA, and (1) Willa Fuller Leadership Scholarship for outstanding individual contributions to FNSA and NSNA. These awards will be $500 each.
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in Nursing courses in the State of Florida or be a recent graduate.
- A letter of recommendation from the Chapter Consultant or Dean/Director must accompany the application to indicate the applicant's level of activity in FNSA/NSNA.
- There will be one (1) Helen Ann Dean Scholarship and one (1) Chloe Trammel Memorial Award for outstanding contributions to your local FNSA Chapter. These awards will be $250 each.
- Applicants must currently be registered in Nursing courses in the State of Florida or be a recent graduate.
- A statement from the Chapter Consultant or Dean/Director must be presented to indicate the applicant's level of FNSA Chapter activity.
- There will be several FNSA Scholarships determined by the amount of monies available. The amount of each award will be determined by the Scholarship Selection Committee. These scholarships are based on financial need. The Selection Committee will be responsible for establishing the number of scholarships and the value of each scholarship.
- Applicants must currently be enrolled in nursing courses in the State of Florida.
- Proof of financial need is required. This shall be determined by information submitted by the student using the award application and including the financial page.