15 projects selected for Foundation Mini-Grants
Wednesday, Dec 18, 2013
The Foundation for Seminole State College's Board of Directors recently announced its fall 2013 Mini-Grant awards, which will fund 15 faculty and staff projects totaling $24,336 in support.
The recipients are:
- Linda Gregory and Denise Richardson (Academic Advising and Counseling): $1,816.78 for Express Advising – Reaching Students Beyond the Office Walls - Tablets/Ultrabooks
- Vanessa Wynn (Adult High School): $1,833.86 for iPad Integration into Teaching and Learning
- Inshan P. Edoo (Automotive): $1,849 for PicoQuad 4000 PC-Based Oscilloscope
- Debbie Barr, Terina Nusinov (Biological Science): $2,000 for Mitochondrion Models to Improve Learning Outcomes for General Biology Students
- Jonathan Andrews (Biological Science): $2,000 for Model Purchase for Anatomy and Physiology
- Laila Nimri, Ph.D. (Biological Science): $2,000 for Magnificent Sarcomeres Models
- Dan Johnson (Fine and Performing Arts): $1,430 for Music Stands for SSC Instrumental Ensembles
- Richard Harmon (Fine and Performing Arts): $1,448.06 for Exhibition System to Aid Recruitment Efforts
- Michael Santiago (Healthcare Programs): $1,251.45 for Respiratory Care Equipment Laboratory
- Cheryl Cicotti (Nursing AS): $2,000 for ATI Nursing Education Summit Conference Fees
- Carlos Spears (Physical Sciences): $1,720 for Updating of Laboratory Equipment - LabQuest 2 Standalone Interface
- Michael Miller (Physical Sciences): $1,264 for pH Sensor Replacement
- Carissa Baker (Quality Enhancement Plan): $700 for World Book Night 2014 Participant Materials
- Tracy Harbin (Social Sciences): $1,023.24 for Making Yoga Class Accessible Supplies
- Courtney Miller (Women's Softball): $2,000 for Rowing Machines for Cardio Workout Room
Since 2006, a total of $337,566 has been awarded to support mini-grant requests. The Foundation's Mini-Grant Program was created to provide full-time faculty and staff with financing for projects not supported by their regular department budgets. Awards are funded by Presidents' Club donations, and a committee of members that represent both the Presidents’ Club and Foundation Board of Directors select the recipients.
All funds allocated for fall 2013 must be expended or encumbered by Sept. 30, 2014. Additional awards are planned for the spring, with a request for applications expected to be sent campuswide in April. For more information, please call Maureen Preuss at 407.708.4575.
Seminole State College will conclude its 2013-14 season by showcasing the talents of its art students during the 45th annual Juried Student Art Exhibit, starting with an opening reception on Thursday, April 17, at 5 p.m.Read More »
Eight faculty finalists for the 2014 Endowed Teaching Chair Awards have been announced by the Foundation for Seminole State College of Florida.Read More »
Dr. Carol Clayton, former program manager for the Physical Therapist Assistant Program at Seminole State College of Florida, passed away Sunday, March 30. She was 67. Clayton guided the PTA Program at Seminole State for more than 20 years.Read More »