Open enrollment for summer starts April 15
Thursday, Apr 4, 2013
Summer is a good time for recent high school graduates to start on challenging core classes.
Summer Term is approaching fast. Here are some tips to help get you started.
Open enrollment for Summer Term begins on Monday, April 15. Here are a few important reminders:
- You can register for classes and check your due amount and due date through the Student Center in MySeminoleState.
- Register early to get the classes you want.
- Make sure you pay or defer your fees to avoid having your classes dropped for non-payment.
2013 high school graduates:
Summer Term is a great chance to get a jump on challenging core classes. Because Seminole State has small classes, professors can provide you with the one-on-one attention you need to succeed. Here are some tips:
- Term B starts June 24, so you can start right after graduation.
- Apply and register early to make sure you get the classes you want. You can apply online.
Students who are taking classes at another college or university in the fall can take core classes at Seminole State for about half the cost of the state’s four-year universities. Here are some tips:
- Seminole State makes it easy for you to enroll. For many courses, you can complete all the necessary forms online.
- For more information, check out the steps to enroll for transient students.
- Since Seminole State is a four-year college, junior and seniors can also complete upperdivision credits this summer.
Seminole State College gives you the flexibility to take classes when and where you want – day, night or weekend at any of our four convenient campuses, or online. Because Seminole State offers six-week A and B sessions as well as a full Summer Term, you don’t have to spend your entire summer in class if you don’t want to.All students should keep these Summer Term dates in mind:
- April 15: Open enrollment begins
- May 1: Priority application deadline
- May 1: Financial aid deadline
- May 8-Aug. 6: Full Session
- May 8-June 20: A Session
- June 13: Application deadline for B Session
- June 24-Aug. 6: B Session
For more information, please visit Seminole State's Summer Term website.
Four Seminole State College students will travel to Salzburg, Austria, to participate in the Salzburg Global Seminar’s International Study Program May 25-June 1.Read More »
Applications are being accepted for $5,000 scholarships from the Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund of Metro Orlando.Read More »
In surprise presentation at her high school on Wednesday, May 1, Seminole High School student Dana Liang was awarded a full scholarship to Seminole State College through the Orlando Magic Youth Fund (OMYF).Read More »
Submit a News Story
Do you have a story that you would like us to cover? Send us the info and, if available, a related photo.
Media Relations »