Prep courses added for Spring Term
Wednesday, Jan 4, 2012
To meet student demand, Seminole State College today added seven prep courses for Spring Term.
Students who are currently enrolled in the College but have not yet completed the necessary developmental coursework in math or reading can enroll in these courses now.
These newly added prep courses will be offered at the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus:
- MAT 0018C, Class No. 7727 (Tuesday and Thursday, 12:50-2:30 p.m., ALEKS, room J-109)
- MAT 0018C, Class No. 7728 (Monday, 6-9:30 p.m., Traditional, room UP-3206)
- MAT 0028C, Class No. 7729 (Monday and Wednesday, 4-5:40 p.m., Traditional, room L-326)
- MAT 0028C, Class No. 7730 (Wednesday, 6-9:30 p.m., Traditional, room S-202)
- MAT 0028C, Class No. 7731 (Thursday, 6-9:30 p.m., ALEKS, room UP-2103)
- REA 0007C, Class No. 7733 (Monday and Wednesday, 3-4:45 p.m., rooms J-108/J-003)
This course is offered at the Oviedo Campus:
- MAT 0028C, Class No. 7735 (Monday and Wednesday, ALEKS, room and times TBD)
In addition, Student Affairs reports that some non-prep sections have been added this week as well. Students can register for any of these courses by logging in to MySeminoleState, the student portal. Students also are advised to check the full Spring Term schedule as seats often open up in existing classes throughout the add/drop period.
According to Student Affairs, students who are unable to secure a needed prep course to register for any of their classes this term should consult with an advisor now. The advisor may be able to override this requirement for one term only. Advisors are available at all four campuses to assist students.
Classes at Seminole State begin on Monday, Jan. 9.
The State of Florida requires that students enroll in developmental courses by the time they’ve registered for their 12th credit and that they continuously enroll in these courses until the prescribed coursework has been completed.
Four Seminole State College students will travel to Salzburg, Austria, to participate in the Salzburg Global Seminar’s International Study Program May 25-June 1.Read More »
Applications are being accepted for $5,000 scholarships from the Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund of Metro Orlando.Read More »
In surprise presentation at her high school on Wednesday, May 1, Seminole High School student Dana Liang was awarded a full scholarship to Seminole State College through the Orlando Magic Youth Fund (OMYF).Read More »
Submit a News Story
Do you have a story that you would like us to cover? Send us the info and, if available, a related photo.
Media Relations »