Hurricane season is here. Are you prepared?
Sunday, Jun 1, 2014
Hurricane season is June 1-Nov. 30, so it’s time to get prepared. Seminole State College’s Emergency Response Team offers these hurricane safety tips.
Preparing for a hurricane
- Register for emergency text alerts from Seminole State.
- Program the emergency hotline -- 407.708.2290 -- into your phone.
- Have access to a battery-powered weather radio.
- Discuss preparedness plans with family and friends.
- Review information provided on the College’s emergency website, Seminole State Alert.
How you'll be notified
- Listen for emergency broadcasts through the Emergency Alert Phone System. Speaker phones are located in all classrooms and offices at Seminole State.
- Visit Seminole State's website for updates.
- Check the College’s homepage, online Newsroom, and Facebook and Twitter sites for updated information.
- Call the Emergency Hotline at 407.708.2290.
- Check your mobile phone for emergency text messages.
- Check your Seminole State email account. When possible, Seminole State will email messages to students, faculty and staff.