Hurricane season is here. Are you prepared?
Friday, Jun 1, 2012
Hurricane season is June 1-Nov. 30, so it’s time to get prepared. Seminole State College’s Emergency Response Team offers these hurricane safety tips:
Preparing for a hurricane
- Register for emergency text alerts from Seminole State.
- Program the emergency hotline -- 407.708.2290 -- into your phone.
- Have access to a battery-powered weather radio.
- Discuss preparedness plans with family and friends.
- Review information provided on the College’s emergency website, Seminole State Alert.
How you'll be notified
- Listen for emergency broadcasts through the Emergency Alert Phone System. Speaker phones are located in all classrooms and offices at Seminole State.
- Visit Seminole State's website for updates.
- Check the College’s homepage, online Newsroom, and Facebook and Twitter sites for updated information.
- Call the Emergency Hotline at 407.708.2290.
- Check your mobile phone for emergency text messages.
- Check your Seminole State email account. When possible, Seminole State will email messages to students, faculty and staff.
Four Seminole State College students will travel to Salzburg, Austria, to participate in the Salzburg Global Seminar’s International Study Program May 25-June 1.Read More »
Applications are being accepted for $5,000 scholarships from the Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund of Metro Orlando.Read More »
In surprise presentation at her high school on Wednesday, May 1, Seminole High School student Dana Liang was awarded a full scholarship to Seminole State College through the Orlando Magic Youth Fund (OMYF).Read More »
Submit a News Story
Do you have a story that you would like us to cover? Send us the info and, if available, a related photo.
Media Relations »