Hurricane season is here. Are you prepared?
Friday, May 31, 2013
Hurricane season is June 1-Nov. 30, so it’s time to get prepared. Seminole State College’s Emergency Response Team offers these hurricane safety tips.
Preparing for a hurricane
- Register for emergency text alerts from Seminole State.
- Program the emergency hotline -- 407.708.2290 -- into your phone.
- Have access to a battery-powered weather radio.
- Discuss preparedness plans with family and friends.
- Review information provided on the College’s emergency website, Seminole State Alert.
How you'll be notified
- Listen for emergency broadcasts through the Emergency Alert Phone System. Speaker phones are located in all classrooms and offices at Seminole State.
- Visit Seminole State's website for updates.
- Check the College’s homepage, online Newsroom, and Facebook and Twitter sites for updated information.
- Call the Emergency Hotline at 407.708.2290.
- Check your mobile phone for emergency text messages.
- Check your Seminole State email account. When possible, Seminole State will email messages to students, faculty and staff.
MySeminoleState will be unavailable from 6 a.m. - 11 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 8, for scheduled maintenance. PeopleSoft and TIM will also be affected.Read More »
Starting in Spring Term 2014, Seminole State College's Center for Business, Legal and Entrepreneurship will offer its first synchronous online courses, which provide students the interaction of a live classroom without leaving the comfort of their own homes.Read More »
To help students prepare for Fall Term final exams and projects, the Seminole State Library will offer Finals Extended Hours starting Dec. 2 at the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. The campus library will be open 7:30 a.m. – 11 p.m. Monday-Thursday, Dec. 2-5 and 9-12.Read More »