Raider golfers head to four-year schools
Friday, Apr 2, 2010
The Raider women's golf program has experienced a lot of success in its three-year existence. With so much talent on the roster, it's not surprising that so many graduates are able to continue their golf careers at the university level.
- Standout Fabys Barreto will transfer to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in the fall. The sophomore from Venezuela is expected to be a big contributor for the Eagles.
- Amanda Morse is heading to Thomas University in Thomasville, Ga. The sophomore from New Smyrna Beach is excited about joining the Night Hawks and looks forward to a great year.
- Suzanne Ervin, a key contributor for the Raiders in 2007-08 and 2008-09, signed with Saint Leo University, one of the top NCAA Division II programs in the country. She hails from Schertz, Texas.
- Rio Milord, another top performer in 2007-08 and 2008-09, signed with Florida Atlantic University, an NCAA Division I women's golf program. The Delray Beach native anticipates a challenging and successful career with the Owls.
- Eva Rogers, a Rockledge native, left the Sunshine State to play for NCAA Division II powerhouse West Texas A&M University in Canyon. She is eager to contribute to the Buffaloes' success.
- Chelsea Sargent returned to her home state after signing with the University of Texas at Dallas. She is already making headlines after her strong performance at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor Lady Crusader Spring Invitational in February.
Four Seminole State College students will travel to Salzburg, Austria, to participate in the Salzburg Global Seminar’s International Study Program May 25-June 1.Read More »
Applications are being accepted for $5,000 scholarships from the Hispanic Heritage Scholarship Fund of Metro Orlando.Read More »
In surprise presentation at her high school on Wednesday, May 1, Seminole High School student Dana Liang was awarded a full scholarship to Seminole State College through the Orlando Magic Youth Fund (OMYF).Read More »
Submit a News Story
Do you have a story that you would like us to cover? Send us the info and, if available, a related photo.
Media Relations »