Performance Appraisal Revision Project, June 2007 Update
June 12, 2007 Update
The Task Group held its fifth meeting on Tuesday, June 12, 2007. After months of research, analysis, learning, instrument review and discussion, the group has described the overall framework for the proposed performance appraisal review instrument and process for non-instructional employees.
- There will be two basic instruments: one for non-exempt (career service) employees and one for exempt (professional and administrative) employees. Each instrument will have a separate section that will apply to employees with supervisory responsibilities.
- Each instrument will include the following elements:
- Instructions: Overall direction of the College and core values; purpose of appraisal and instrument; directions for completion of instrument and administration.
- Three weighted sections
- Goals: outcomes/progress/barriers
- Overall score: total of scores for three weighted sections
- Development plan
- Performance improvement plan (if applicable)
- Comments (supervisor and employee)
- Signature (supervisor and employee)
- The Group will prepare a draft instrument including all of the elements described above.
- The draft will be circulated to Group members and the consultant for review and comment.
- The Group's progress and the second draft will be reviewed with Executive Team.
- A group of 20-25 employees will be asked to pilot the instrument in mid-July 2007.
- The Task Group will edit the instrument as needed.
- Training materials with be developed and an extensive "Train-the-Trainer" session will be held in August 2007.
- Seminole State employees will hold information sessions about the new process and will train supervisors and managers regarding its use.