Seminole State College supports a formalized system of performance evaluation of all employees. The purpose of the evaluation is to provide feedback to employees about their work performance; assist employees in staff and professional development; identify employees' leadership qualities; and achieve the College's goals. The objectives of the formal evaluation are to:
- Maintain or improve each employee's job satisfaction and morale by letting him/her know that the supervisor is interested in his/her job progress and personal development.
- Serve as a systematic guide for supervisors in planning further training and development for each employee.
- Assure formulation of a considered opinion of an employee's performance, and focus maximum attention on achievement of assigned duties.
- Assist in determining and recording special talents, skills and capabilities that might not otherwise be noticed or recognized.
- Assist in planning personnel moves and placements that will best utilize each employee's capabilities and benefit the College.
- Provide an opportunity for each employee to discuss job concerns and interests with his/her supervisor.
- Assemble substantiating data for use as a guide — although not necessarily the sole governing factor — for such purposes as wage adjustments, promotions, disciplinary action and termination.
Human Resources recommends the following timeline for completing non-instructional employee appraisals:
January – February
- Employees write and submit Annual Self-Appraisal Information forms to supervisors
- Supervisors review and accept Annual Self-Appraisal Information forms
- Supervisors write Annual Employee Appraisals of Record and send draft versions to employees
- Supervisors hold face-to-face performance review meetings with employees
- Supervisors complete final Annual Employee Appraisals of Record and submit to employees
- Employees review and accept Annual Employee Appraisals of Record
- Supervisors submit Annual Employee Appraisals of Record to next level supervisors
- Next level supervisors review, accept and submit Annual Employee Appraisals of Record to Human Resources
- All Annual Employee Appraisals of Record are submitted to Human Resources
Review the Performance Appraisal for Non-Instructional Employees User Guide