|Date Posted||April 3, 2014|
|Closing Date||September 12, 2014|
|Job Requisition Number||102210|
|Position Title||Lead HVAC Controls Technician|
|Position Type||CS FT|
|Pay Benefits and Work Schedule|
OPEN UNTIL FILLED.
INITIAL REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS WILL BEGIN ON 4/21/2014.
- Cover Letter
Performs skilled technical preventative, corrective, and predictive maintenance work associated with the upkeep and operation of facilities HVAC systems and controls including Trane Tracer DDC and Johnson Controls Metasys systems.
1. Maintains and troubleshoots the Trane Tracer and Johnson Controls Metasys systems under the direction of the Utility and Energy Manager.
2. Installs, troubleshoots and repairs heating, air conditioning and refrigeration units, including chillers, boilers and heat pumps. Must able to lift and carry up to 50lbs unassisted.
3. Troubleshoots malfunctioning heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems to determine the cause of the malfunction.
4. Repairs wiring and electronic components associated with automated building management systems.
5. Replaces expansion valves, compressors, motors, coil units and other component parts.
6. Troubleshoots and repairs direct digital and pneumatic control systems.
7. Checks distribution systems for proper velocity, volume, temperature, pressure, etc.
8. Provides technical assistance with the design of HVAC systems including installations and modifications to existing systems.
9. Assists in training other technicians and staff in preventative maintenance of HVAC systems.
10. Prepares records and reports describing procedures, actions taken and recommended solutions.
11. Prepares and submits requests for supplies and equipment.
12. Responds to emergency service requests.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Experience in commercial HVAC service and controls at the journeyman level; minimum 4 years of commercial experience.
2. Experience with Johnson Controls Metasys and/or Trane Tracer DDC systems.
3. Experience with reading and understanding blueprints and electrical schematics.
4. High school degree or equivalent.
1. Trade school certification.
2. 4 years of experience with Johnson Controls Metasys and/or Trane Tracer DDC systems.
3. Commercial/institutional experience with organization with multiple sites.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Knowledge of HVAC equipment, materials, controls and tools.
2. Ability to troubleshoot and correct complex mechanical problems.
3. Ability to understand and follow mechanical safety procedures.
4. Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Ability to travel between campus locations, as required, to perform job responsibilities.
6. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
7. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
8. Ability to communicate effectively with others and provide exceptional customer service.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS:
1. Works both in an inside and outside environment with exposure to various weather conditions.
2. Handles hazardous materials and equipment.
3. Exposure to high voltage.
4. Must wear protective gear.
5. Exposure to hot water, fumes and gases.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
|Conditions of Employment|
|Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole State College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and Seminole State College Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.|
|How to Apply|
|All applicants including employees of Seminole State College must scan, upload and attach "Required" documents to their electronic application to be considered. |
NOTE: CERTAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORK BEST IN INTERNET EXPLORER.
TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS: On the Careers Home page select the "Cover Letters and Attachments" link, then "Add Attachments" to attach documents. Applicants must include work history even if attaching a resume.
For positions requiring a degree, scan, upload and attach copies of your transcripts showing your name and the date your degree was conferred to be considered for the position (unofficial copies accepted). This applies to internal and external applicants.
|Equal Employment Opportunity|
|Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions against and treatment of employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable Federal, State or local law.|
Seminole State College of Florida adheres to Florida’s Veteran’s Preference laws by providing preference in hiring to covered job applicants. Moreover, in recognition of the valuable contributions made by veterans, the College also considers any applicant’s military service background when filling job positions not covered by Veteran’s Preference laws.
To claim Veteran's Preference for eligible positions, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application to claim Veterans' Preference.
HOLDERS OF DEGREES FROM INSTITUTIONS OUTSIDE THE USA:
Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. Foreign transcripts should be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services.
This evaluation must be submitted at the time of application. We recommend World Education Services at P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station, New York, NY 10274-5087, telephone (212) 966-6311 or email address www.wes.org. The interview process may be delayed until such a review has been completed.
|Back to the job listing|