|Date Posted||July 22, 2013|
|Job Requisition Number||102032|
|Position Title||Financial Aid Specialist II|
|Position Type||CS PT|
|Department||Financial Aid and Scholarships|
|Pay Benefits and Work Schedule|
- Transcripts showing date Associate’s degree was conferred (copies accepted).
Responsible for assisting students in understanding the process and procedures for applying for and acquiring Financial Aid; responsible for the administration, maintenance and reporting of assigned financial aid programs.
1. Coordinates the flow of all documents within the Financial Aid Office, including the receiving, tracking and filing of documents required for a student's financial aid application.
2. Provides information and assists students in understanding financial aid processes and procedures of the College
3. Helps students in the completion of required forms that are appropriate to the financial aid operation at Seminole State College.
4. Reviews documentation for accuracy and contact students, if necessary, to obtain corrections or additional documentation.
5. Maintains a good understanding of program regulations and the overall operation of the Financial Aid Office in order to assist students in an accurate and appropriate manner.
6. Presents workshops to orient prospective students, parents, staff and faculty to assigned Financial Aid Programs as well as general financial aid processes.
7. Follows up with exit counseling to students participating in student loan programs.
8. Assists in notifying students of failure to meet academic progress and the impact to eligibility for financial aid programs.
9. Assists the supervisor in gathering data for the completion of reports as required.
10. Performs other site and position specific responsibilities as assigned.
1. Associate’s degree from an accredited institution or one (1) year of experience in student services in an institution of higher education and a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Proficient in computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite applications.
1. Experience working in the Financial Aid area of an institution of higher education.
2. Experience with a major student information system such as Peoplesoft, Banner, Datatel or other student information applications.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
1. Ability to learn and interpret College policies and procedures.
2. Ability to learn and understand the financial aid programs of the College.
3. Ability to stay current on Federal, state and institutional requirements in assigned area.
4. Demonstrated communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the ability to do presentations to groups of people.
5. Demonstrated interpersonal and public relations skills.
6. Ability to work flexible hours and days.
7. Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
1. Works inside in an office environment.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
|Conditions of Employment|
|Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole State College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and Seminole State College Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.|
|How to Apply|
|All applicants including employees of Seminole State College must scan, upload and attach "Required" documents to their electronic application to be considered. |
NOTE: CERTAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORK BEST IN INTERNET EXPLORER.
TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS: On the Careers Home page select the "Cover Letters and Attachments" link, then "Add Attachments" to attach documents. Applicants must include work history even if attaching a resume.
For positions requiring a degree, scan, upload and attach copies of your transcripts showing your name and the date your degree was conferred to be considered for the position (unofficial copies accepted). This applies to internal and external applicants.
|Equal Employment Opportunity|
|Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions against and treatment of employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable Federal, State or local law.|
|Is this a grant funded position? ___X__ No _____ Yes|
Seminole State College of Florida adheres to Florida’s Veteran’s Preference laws by providing preference in hiring to covered job applicants. Moreover, in recognition of the valuable contributions made by veterans, the College also considers any applicant’s military service background when filling job positions not covered by Veteran’s Preference laws.
PLEASE NOTE: Full-time and Part-time Faculty, Administrative and Professional positions are not eligible for Veterans' Preference.
FOR ALL OTHER POSITIONS:
To claim Veteran's Preference, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application to claim Veterans' Preference.
HOLDERS OF DEGREES FROM INSTITUTIONS OUTSIDE THE USA:
Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. Foreign transcripts should be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. The interview process may be delayed until such a review has been completed.
|Back to the job listing|