|Date Posted||May 7, 2013|
|Job Requisition Number||101970|
|Position Title||Custodian I|
|Position Type||CS PT|
|Department||Custodial & Janitorial Svc|
|Pay Benefits and Work Schedule|
|- A Resume is strongly encouraged.|
Performs manual labor in cleaning various College facilities.
1. Performs manual labor duties related to cleaning, sanitizing and general maintenance of restrooms and other College facilities in accordance with College standards. This will require standing, walking, and bending for a considerable amount of time, and the ability to lift and/or move up to 50lbs. unassisted.
2. Performs all duties related to cleaning and sanitizing College facilities.
This includes, but is not limited to, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dust mopping, dusting and other related duties.
3. Scrubs and polishes fixtures, windows, mirrors and other areas and equipment. Cleans chalkboards and whiteboards.
4. Provides exterior cleaning of windows, corridors, walkways, emptying outside trash, cleaning ash trays and sweeping up cigarette butts. Polices walkways and grounds to ensure they are free of trash, debris, clippings, etc.
5. Performs related work as assigned.
6. Assists at all College sites as assigned. May be required to assist during nights and weekend for special College events
7. Assists other Divisions in Physical Plant as assigned.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma
2. Related work experience.
3. Valid Florida driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
1. Knowledge of custodial methods and procedures.
2. Ability to operate and care for equipment necessary to accomplish the required duties.
3. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
4. Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
PHYSICAL ABILITY ASSESSMENT
Per College Policy 1.020 and 2.020, and College Procedure 2.0350:
1. Final hire/appointment of a candidate offered employment in this position is contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a job-related physical ability assessment.
2. Current employees may be referred for a job-related physical ability assessment or reassessment upon their supervisor’s recommendation and subsequent approval by the Office of Human Resources, or upon the recommendation of the Office of Human Resources.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
1. Works in confined areas.
2. Handles hazardous materials.
3. Must wear protective gear.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
|Conditions of Employment|
|Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole State College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and Seminole State College Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.|
|How to Apply|
|All applicants including employees of Seminole State College must scan, upload and attach "Required" documents to their electronic application to be considered. |
NOTE: CERTAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS WORK BEST IN INTERNET EXPLORER.
TO ATTACH DOCUMENTS: On the Careers Home page select the "Cover Letters and Attachments" link, then "Add Attachments" to attach documents. Applicants must include work history even if attaching a resume.
For positions requiring a degree, scan, upload and attach copies of your transcripts showing your name and the date your degree was conferred to be considered for the position (unofficial copies accepted). This applies to internal and external applicants.
|Equal Employment Opportunity|
|Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions against and treatment of employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable Federal, State or local law.|
|Is this a grant funded position? __X___ No _____ Yes|
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Full-time and Part-time Faculty positions are not eligible for Veterans' Preference.
For positions other than faculty positions; to claim Veteran's Preference, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application to claim Veterans' Preference.
Holders of degrees from institutions outside of the USA: Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. Foreign transcripts should be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. The interview process may be delayed until such a review has been completed.
|Back to the job listing|