|Date Posted||April 10, 2013|
|Job Requisition Number||101912|
|Position Title||Admissions Assistant I|
|Position Type||CS PT|
|Department||Recruiting & Admissions|
|Pay Benefits and Work Schedule|
Cover letter and letters of reference are strongly encouraged.
Greet students and answer telephone with a professional manner. Ability to answer general and specific questions regarding the College admissions, financial aid and registration procedures, course offerings, fees, office hours, directions to the College and special activities. Assist in the operations of the Student Affairs office. Some evening work may be required.
1. Provides information about admissions/registration procedures to walk-ins.
2. Data enter admissions applications, update student data files, and set orientation appointments.
3. Enters student data in admissions tracking system.
4. Responds to student and faculty inquiries.
5. Give campus tours.
6. Conduct new student orientations.
7. Answer telephone with a professional procedure and is able to answer general and specific questions regarding the College availability, fees, office hours, directions to the College.
8. Update the Admissions training manual as necessary.
9. Responsible for FACTS applications.
10. Responsible for all online admissions inquires.
11. Responsible for training of part time and temporary staff on application entry.
12. Performs other site and position specific responsibilities as assigned.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
1. Secretarial experience.
2. Experience working in a college admissions office desired.
3. Committed to working in a multi-cultural environment.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
1. Knowledge of and ability to interpret College policies and procedures.
2. Ability to understand the organizations and programs of the College.
3. Ability to operate data entry and word processing software and a personal computer.
4. Ability to understand both oral and written instructions.
5. Telephone communication skills.
6. Superior customer service skills.
7. Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
1. Work inside in an office environment.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
|Conditions of Employment|
|Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole Community College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and SCC Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.|
|How to Apply|
|All applicants including employees of Seminole State College must scan, upload and attach "Required" documents to their electronic application to be considered. To attach documents, on the Careers Home page click "Cover Letters and Attachments", then "Add Attachments" to attach documents. Applicants must include work history even if attaching a resume.|
For positions requiring a degree, scan, upload and attach copies of your transcripts showing your name and the date your degree was conferred to be considered for the position.
|Equal Employment Opportunity|
|Seminole Community College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity employer. The College values, supports, and celebrates diversity among applicants, faculty, staff, and students. In order to maintain the College community as a place of work and study for College personnel and students, harassment on the basis of gender, race, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age is prohibited.|
|Is this a grant funded position? __X___ No _____ Yes|
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Full-time and Part-time Faculty positions are not eligible for Veterans' Preference.
For positions other than faculty positions; to claim Veteran's Preference, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application to claim Veterans' Preference.
Holders of Degrees from institutions Outside of the USA: Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. Foreign transcripts should be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. The interview process may be delayed until such a review has been completed.
|Back to the job listing|