|Date Posted||March 20, 2013|
|Job Requisition Number||101890|
|Position Title||Enrollment Services Assistant|
|Position Type||CS PT|
|Pay Benefits and Work Schedule|
|APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED (THIS ALSO APPLIES TO SEMINOLE STATE COLLEGE EMPLOYEES) - COVER LETTERS ARE RECOMMENDED.|
Provides initial contact for students and potential students in the enrollment services department. Provides information to students at all levels regarding records, services, and fees. Assists students with learning to access on-line services.
1. Provides in-depth knowledge of educational policies and programs.
2. Maintains in-depth knowledge of admissions, registration, and records policies and procedures and explains them to students as necessary.
3. Provides students with required forms (i.e. petitions for refunds, diploma applications, adult education and college credit applications, etc.) and information regarding their use and related procedures.
4. Provides students with assistance and access to the Seminole State College student portal and registration system.
5. Registers students and verifies student enrollment program and plan information.
6. Receives supporting documentation including transcripts, residency information, and other pertinent documents.
7. Maintains control on action documents and provides follow-up as needed.
8. Provides data entry/processing services and maintains accurate records for students and potential students on an ongoing basis.
9. Updates, changes, and verifies admission applications.
10. Access, inputs, and retrieves data from a computer.
11. Performs other site and position specific responsibilities as assigned.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
1. Experience providing customer service in person and over the telephone.
2. Experience working with students in an educational setting helpful.
3. Experience working in an office environment and familiarity with general office administration processes and equipment.
4. Understanding of and commitment to Equal Access/Equal Opportunity.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
1. Knowledge of college structure and functions. Knowledge of college admissions and registration procedures policies (i.e., FERPA and student confidentiality) and limited access admission requirements.
2. Strong communications skills including good telephone and listening skills, and good written and verbal communication skills.
3. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to provide excellent customer service.
4. Ability to research and locate information.
5. Strong attention to detail.
6. Computer skills proficiency in a Windows environment.
7. Enjoy working with others and helping people.
8. Ability to work in a flexible and fast paced environment.
9. Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations.
10. Commitment to philosophy and goals of Seminole State College.
1. Works inside in an office environment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with a disability.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
|Conditions of Employment|
|Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole State College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and Seminole State College Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.|
|How to Apply|
|All applicants including employees of Seminole State College must scan, upload and attach "Required" documents to their electronic application to be considered. To attach documents, on the Careers Home page click "Cover Letters and Attachments", then "Add Attachments" to attach documents. Applicants must include work history even if attaching a resume.|
For positions requiring a degree, scan, upload and attach copies of your transcripts showing your name and the date your degree was conferred to be considered for the position.
|Equal Employment Opportunity|
|Seminole State College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions against and treatment of employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable Federal, State or local law.|
|This is not a grant funded position? ___x__ No _____ Yes|
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Full-time and Part-time Faculty positions are not eligible for Veterans' Preference.
For positions other than faculty positions; to claim Veteran's Preference, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application to claim Veterans' Preference.
Holders of Degrees from institutions Outside of the USA: Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. Foreign transcripts should be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. The interview process may be delayed until such a review has been completed.
|Back to the job listing|