|Date Posted||March 19, 2013|
|Job Requisition Number||101881|
|Position Title||Adjunct Professor, Nursing - Clinical Instructor|
|Position Type||FAC PT|
|Pay Benefits and Work Schedule|
|Salary according to the Faculty Salary Schedule.|
|PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A POOL POSITION. Your application will remain in the applicant pool and will be reviewed when a position becomes available.|
- Transcripts showing applicants name and date degree was conferred (copies accepted) must be upload and attached to your application. This includes Seminole State College Employees.
Cover letter and letters of reference are strongly encouraged.
APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE ALL QUESTIONS ON THE APPLICATION AND APPLICATION QUESTIONNAIRE TO BE CONSIDERED.
Seminole State College is seeking talented adjunct faculty with a personal and professional commitment to creating an atmosphere of quality instruction at Seminole State. Responsibilities include Providing clinical supervision to students in a healthcare facility, community agency, or laboratory. Requires travel to clinical sites. This position is for the Day, Evening, and Weekend track in the Associate Degree in Nursing Program with flexible hours.
Functions as resources person to assist students in achieving their nursing objectives on an individual and group basis in clinical and college laboratories.
1. Provides and coordinates clinical teaching activities in the hospital/clinical setting to include student assignments, clinical supervision of students and evaluations.
2. Participates in skill lab demonstrations, practice and testing of students.
3. Provides and coordinates clinical teaching activities in selected community settings.
4. Assists students through observational and participative experiences to apply nursing
theory, the nursing process and nursing techniques in the clinical settings.
5. Coordinates student clinical experiences with facility's nursing staff
6. Uses evidenced based practices as applicable in the clinical setting.
7. Provide regular, accurate and timely feedback to students relative to their performance.
8. Plans and conducts student conferences.
9. Engages and nurtures students in and beyond the classroom.
10. Contributes to a collegial and collaborative work environment.
11. Discusses instructional or related matters with course coordinator and program manager.
1. B.S.N. Degree from a regionally accredited institution. Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Florida.
2. Two years clinical experience for candidates with an MSN. Five years of clinical experience for candidates with a BSN.
3. Licensure to practice Nursing as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida or eligibility for Florida RN Licensure.
4. Must have current CPR certification. Clinical agency may require additional qualifications
(PPD, FIT test etc.).
5. Demonstrated understanding of the learning centered approach to teaching.
6. Computer and Internet skills.
Master's in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution desired.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
1. Personal and professional commitment to creating an atmosphere of quality instruction at
Seimole State College.
2. Understanding of and commitment to the use of instructional technology.
3. English, reading, writing and speaking skills at the native level of fluency.
4. Understanding of and a commitment to working in a multi-cultural environment with a
diverse student population.
5. Understanding of and a commitment to Equal Access/Equal opportunity.
|Conditions of Employment|
|This is a pool position. Applications will be reviewed only when positions become available. Applications will remain open for eight months from the date of applied. |
Finalists and individuals recommended for employment at Seminole State College may be subject to background investigations and fingerprinting in compliance with Florida Statute 1001.64; and Seminole State Policy 1.020; 2.020. Criminal background checks and fingerprinting will be conducted for all new employees, and for rehired employees who have had a break in service for one year or more. The Office of Human Resources will determine which background checks shall be conducted for each position, based upon its review of job descriptions and the responsibilities of the position. These include, but are not limited to, positions that have access to money, master keys, security-sensitive areas and confidential information; positions that have the capability to create, delete, and alter records; and positions that are responsible for the care and instruction of children. The College will conduct various types of background checks which may include, but are not limited to: criminal background, credit check, driver's license check, previous employment and references.
|How to Apply|
|All applicants including employees of Seminole State College must scan, upload and attach "Required" documents to their electronic application to be considered. To attach documents, on the Careers Home page click "Cover Letters and Attachments", then "Add Attachments" to attach documents. Applicants must include work history even if attaching a resume.|
For positions requiring a degree, scan, upload and attach copies of your transcripts showing your name and the date your degree was conferred to be considered for the position.
|Equal Employment Opportunity|
|Seminole State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity employer. The College values, supports, and celebrates diversity among applicants, faculty, staff, and students. In order to maintain the College community as a place of work and study for College personnel and students, harassment on the basis of gender, race, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age is prohibited.|
|This is not a grant funded position.|
This position requires candidates receiving an offer of employment to undergo a drug/alcohol test before beginning work. Individuals who fail the test will not be hired. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Full-time and Part-time Faculty positions are not eligible for Veterans' Preference.
For positions other than faculty positions; to claim Veteran's Preference, a copy of your DD-214 form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be uploaded and attached to your application to claim Veterans' Preference.
Holders of Degrees from institutions Outside of the USA: Individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States are required to obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts and degrees. Foreign transcripts should be evaluated by one of the organizations approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. The interview process may be delayed until such a review has been completed.
|Back to the job listing|