Sick Leave Pool
- The purpose of the Sick Leave Pool is to aid participating members who have exhausted their earned sick leave balance and who may otherwise lose income due to a major illness, accident or injury.
- Participation in this program is voluntary.
- Within 30 days of his/her one-year employment anniversary date, an employee who has met the eligibility criteria must notify the Human Resources Office of his/her desire to enroll in the sick leave pool. After the initial opportunity to join the pool (based on employment anniversary date), an employee who meets eligibility criteria may enroll in the sick leave pool during the annual open enrollment period which is usually held during the month of October. The participation pre-requisites are the following:
- Full-time Employee; and
- Employed with the college for at least one year; and
- Have 60 hours of sick leave balance as of the September 30 pay statement; and
- Initial contribution of 15 hours from personal sick leave balance required.
- Information regarding how the Sick Leave Pool Advisory Board operates, how to request withdrawals, and other administrative procedures can be found in the Seminole State Procedures Manual.
- Policies and Procedures .