Flex Plan

Custom Benefits Services' Flexible Spending Account plan allows employees to have qualifying expenditures taken out through payroll deduction prior to Social Security and federal income tax calculations. By enrolling in any of the flex accounts you have the opportunity to reduce your payroll taxes.

Beginning January 1, 2013, the different flex account options are as follows:

  • Premiums paid for health, dental and vision coverage
  • Medical Reimbursement Account
    • Maximum contribution for plan is $2,500 per year
    • Minimum contribution for plan is $180 per year
  • Dependent Care Reimbursement Account
    • Maximum contributions are dependent upon your taxable income. Contact HR for more information.
    • Minimum contribution for plan is $180 per year

If you choose to participate in any of these programs, you will be able to make changes to your initial elections only if you experience a qualifying status change as defined by Section 125 of the IRS Code. Changes must be requested within 31 days of the event. Participation is effective on the first day of the month following your hire date and runs through Dec. 31 of the same calendar year. You have the opportunity to re-enroll each year for coverage starting Jan. 1.

Pre-Tax Premiums

You will automatically be enrolled in the premium account. This means that any premiums you pay for health, dental and/or vision will be on a pre-tax basis. If you do not wish to participate in the premium account, you must complete a Cafeteria Plan form to waive the option. The form can be obtained from the Office of Human Resources.

Reimbursement Accounts

If you wish to participate in the Medical and/or Dependent Care Reimbursement Account, you must complete the Cafeteria Plan form or make your annual selection online via eBenefits. The annual amount you designate on your Benefits Election Form, or online via eBenefits, will automatically be deducted from your paycheck over your contract period and deposited into your FLEX account. Once you incur an eligible expense, you need to submit a reimbursement request. Reimbursement Claim forms are available at the Office of Human Resources. After your request has been reviewed by our FLEX Plan administrator, a reimbursement check will be issued to you from the fund in your account. You may also request a FLEX Plan Debit Card during your online enrollment process.

The IRS has placed some restrictions on reimbursement accounts:

  • Any money remaining in your account after all claims have been submitted for the plan year will be forfeited.
  • Balances are not allowed to carry forward.

For more information about the FLEX Plan, please download this information packet.

Want more info? Contact us.

Contact Human Resources
Seminole State College
100 Weldon Boulevard
Sanford, FL 32773-6199
Phone: 407.708.2101
Fax: 407.708.2425