Pursuing the goal to create "business partnerships for a competitive advantage," Seminole State College reached out to local business and community leaders to develop the Center for Economic Development and its programs.
The spirit of this collaborative partnership was born in 2002 from a six-acre property gift from The Pizzuti Companies, owner and developer of Heathrow International Business Center (HIBC) and lender Newport Partners XIV, Ltd. Since, Seminole State has received additional private donations, including $300,000 from Colonial Properties Trust.
Center for Economic Development resident partners include:
Leveraging the resources of these organizations unleashes an unlimited potential for professional and work force development throughout the region.
- Seminole County Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Seminole County Economic Development Department
- Seminole Advisory Board Council
- Florida High Tech Corridor Council
- Metro-Orlando Economic Development Commission
- Leadership Seminole