- Go to www.twitter.com.
- Under "New to Twitter?," click "Sign Up."
- Next to "Full Name," type your department's or unit's name (Examples: Admissions or SemState Admissions). Note: Names are limited to 20 characters. You may have to condense or abbreviate your department's name to make it fit.
- Create a username that begins with "SemState_" (Example: SemState_Admissions). Do not use "SSC" in your username or anywhere else on your page. Note: All Seminole State College Twitter handles must follow this format to maintain brand consistency.
- Choose a password.
- Enter your department's or program's e-mail address, or the Seminole State e-mail address of the primary account administrator.
- Click "Create My Account."
- Click the "Settings" option to create your department's or unit's profile and upload a page icon/profile picture. Your photo should represent some aspect of the College and your department/unit. Note: The Seminole State shield icon is reserved exclusively for the official Seminole State Twitter page. You may not use it on your page, nor may you create a new logo to represent the College or your department/unit.
- When you create your account, you will be given a unique Web address for your page. Your URL will be: www.twitter.com/username. (Example: www.twitter.com/SemState_Admissions).
- Twitter handles can be changed; however, you should not change your department's or unit's username without first consulting the College Relations and Marketing (CRM) communications team.
- The CRM communications team (Twitter handle SeminoleState) will follow your department or unit on Twitter. You also should follow Seminole State departments and programs.
If you have any questions, e-mail Jay Davis, director of communications and media relations, or call him at ext. 2418.