- Log into Facebook using your personal account information.
- Type or copy and paste the following URL into your Web browser: www.facebook.com/pages/create.php.
- Under "Official Page," select "Local Business," followed by "Education."
- Next to "Page Name," type "Seminole State College of Florida - Department Name." (Example: Seminole State College of Florida - Admissions). This naming system allows users to find your page more easily using Facebook's search engines. Note: Once you have named your page, you will not be able to change it.
- Check the box to indicate that you are the official representative of your unit.
- Click "Create Official Page."
General Policies and Procedures
- Upload a page icon/profile picture that represents some aspect of the College and is relevant to your department or the purpose of the page. Note: The Seminole State shield icon is reserved exclusively for the official Seminole State Facebook page. You may not use it on your page, nor may you create a new logo to represent the College or your department/unit.
- Create a tab on your page for Seminole State's Facebook Terms and Policy. Here are the instructions for creating this tab.
- Add email@example.com as a secondary administrator on the page.
- The College Relations and Marketing (CRM) communications team will add a link to your page on the "Favorite Pages" section of the official Seminole State Facebook page. You also should create a favorites box with links to other Seminole State pages.
- When you reach 25 followers, you can create a unique Web address for your page. You should select a URL that is short and clearly identifies your department or program (Example: facebook.com/seminolestateadmissions). Do not use "SSC" in your URL or anywhere else on your page. Note: Once you create your URL, it cannot be changed.
- Wall postings: Use your wall to post messages, photos, videos and links. These postings will show up on every follower's news feed.
- Discussion board: A no frills message board that allows followers to converse with one another and post comments, questions, concerns and ideas.
- Events: Use your page to post upcoming events and activities. Each event listing includes customizable options, including the option to invite some or all of your followers. Responses to each event can be seen by you and all invited guests.
- Photos: Post individual photos or create photo albums on your page.
- Video: Post a single video or create a video library on your page.
- Links: Post links from other websites (including the Seminole State website) to your page.
- Notes: Notes are similar to wall postings but allow you to post more copy, photos and links. They also allow you to link to other groups as well as individual followers.
- Direct communication: Use your Facebook page to send messages and updates to some or all of your followers.
- Custom applications: Applications like RSS readers, news feeds, YouTube and Twitter can add additional features to your page.
If you have any questions, e-mail Jay Davis, communications manager, or call him at ext. 2418.