The Fall Term scholarship application deadline for first-time-in-college students has passed. Please check back soon for the 2015 application.
Seminole State College’s Admissions Department awards thousands of dollars in scholarships to new students who maintain high GPAs. These scholarships are funded through student fees.
How to Apply for Scholarships
- Submit an application for admission to Seminole State and be accepted.
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Complete and turn in your scholarship application before the deadline. You can download the application or request one from Student Services on any of our four campuses.
Types of Scholarships
- Academic Scholarship: For current-year high school graduates who have a cumulative 3.0 GPA or above and are ineligible to receive the Florida Bright Future Scholarship. Recipients must attend Seminole State full-time following their senior year. The scholarship will cover tuition and/or fees up to 12 maximum credit hours per semester. It may be renewed for an additional year, provided the student maintains a 3.0 GPA. Amount awarded: $1,250 each Fall and Spring term for two years.
- Bright Future Companion Scholarship: For current-year high school graduates who will be Bright Futures recipients. Amount awarded: $300 each Fall and Spring term for two years.
- Early College Transition Scholarship: For current-year high school students in Seminole State's Dual Enrollment program who will pursue an Associate in Science (A.S.) degree or Career Certificate. This is a one-semester award to be paid out in the Fall Term immediately following high school graduation. Student must have a 2.0 or higher GPA in all dual enrollment courses and an overall 2.0 GPA in high school courses. Amount awarded: $1,250 for one term.