Scholarship Application Procedures
Notice: The Foundation has switched to an online scholarship application system. You must complete and submit your application electronically to be considered for any scholarships. Printed applications are no longer accepted.
Apply for Scholarships Online
Please read the instructions below before applying for scholarships. After reading the instructions, visit the STARS website to begin the application process. Be sure to bookmark the page so you can return to your application later.
- Fall Term 2012: Tuesday, July 31, 2012
- Spring Term 2013: Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2012
- Summer Term 2013: Sunday, March 31, 2013
The Scholarship Tracking and Review System (STARS)
STARS is the program used by Seminole State College of Florida to help you apply for scholarships. Below are instructions for completing the online application. Please read these instructions carefully before continuing to the STARS website.
For additional information, visit the STARS Frequently Asked Questions page.
STARS Home Page
- On the STARS home page, click the "Start Here" button to begin the application process. Write down your user name and password so you can check the status of your application and make edits to your profile later.
- In the email address field, be sure to provide your most reliable and frequently checked email address. (Current Seminole State students should consider using their Live Mail accounts.) All communication regarding the scholarship application process will be sent to the e-mail address you provide.
- Your student ID number is the seven-digit number on your Seminole State ID Card. You will only have an ID number if you have been accepted to the College. If you are still in high school or have not yet applied for admission, you may use your telephone number as your student ID number. If you are an existing Seminole State student and do not know your ID number, select "Click here to apply for a Student ID #."
- Your answers to these questions will help generate a customized list of recommended scholarships at the end of the application process. One of the questions asks if you have a current FAFSA on file. You will not be evaluated for a Foundation scholarship until you can answer "yes" to this question.
- In this section, you will answer questions about the high school you attended, whether or not you are a current Seminole State student, your expected or actual graduation date, your intended program of study and your GPA. The Foundation will use your final high school transcript, official GED scores or college transcript to determine awards. It is your responsibility to make sure your official final transcripts are received.
Free-Form Essay Questions
- These questions will allow donors and scholarship committee members to get a glimpse of who you are and how serious you are about your education. If you have an existing college essay or personal statement, you may copy and paste it from a Word document. Do not leave this section blank.
- You are required to upload your transcript and one reference letter to be eligible for a scholarship. Please upload these items in this section. Your application will not be considered complete until your transcript and reference letter are on file.
- You may also upload additional documents for the Scholarship Selection Committee to review.
Note: The maximum file size for uploaded documents is 10 megabytes. You may need to reduce the size of images and files to make the uploading process faster.
- Your recommended scholarships will appear on the screen after you have completed all sections of the application. Click the "Apply Now" button next to each scholarship you want to apply for.
Receiving a Scholarship
- You will be notified via email if you are selected to receive a scholarship. Email notices will be sent within two weeks of the application deadline.