Foundation Board Update
The Presidents' Club Advisory Council was created at the suggestion of the Foundation Board of Directors to bring together leaders from Seminole County and Central Florida who represent a variety of industries, corporations and interests, and who demonstrate a commitment to education and Seminole State College. The Advisory Council allows the Foundation and the College to engage a larger percentage of Presidents' Club members, as well as identify new leadership for the Foundation Board of Directors.
The Presidents' Club Advisory Council strives to expand Presidents' Club memberships, improve social and networking events, and further develop membership benefits. The Advisory Council also oversees Mini-Grant Awards, which are presented annually in support of faculty and staff projects requiring alternative funding.
Advisory Council Leadership
- Chair: Ben Newman, Bobo Ciotoli Bocchino & Newman, P.A.
- Vice Chair: Terri Meta Walsh, Seminole State College
- Kay Delk, Seminole State College
- Paul James, Owner Services Group, Inc.
- Tricia Johnson, Progress Energy
- Sandy Keeter, Seminole State College
- Robert Ledford, Seminole State College
- Martha Miller, Community Partner
- Patti Neveleff, Community Partner
- Paul Phelps, Delaney Park Financial
- Jim Salvano, Community Partner
- Nancy Schwalb, Schwalb Public Relations
- Alicya Simmons, Community Partner
- David Walsh, Mitsubishi Power Systems Americas, Inc.
- Shawn Wattles, Mitsubishi Power Systems Americas, Inc.
- Pat Werner, Welbro Building Corp.
Advisory Council Goals for Fiscal Year 2010
- Raise $150,000 through Presidents' Club memberships.
- Enhance Presidents' Club events such as the breakfasts and annual recognition dinner.
- Award faculty and staff Mini-Grants.
- Recruit active and engaged members for the Advisory Council.
- Create meaningful ways for Presidents' Club members to interact with Seminole State College and its students, faculty and staff.