Through a generous donation from Wayne M. Densch Charities, Inc., this formal scholarship program is available to qualifying incoming first-time, first-generation freshmen each Fall Term. The program provides funding and comprehensive support services, including:
- Academic advisement
- Financial aid assistance
- Social activities and workshops
- Peer mentoring
Students in the Wayne M. Densch Scholarship Program:
- Receive $1,000 per term (Fall and Spring terms) renewable for two years at Seminole State.
- Form a cohort and share a common course College Success (SLS 1101).
- Are assigned to an advisor to assist through every step of the process, including academic advising and financial aid assistance.
- Receive priority registration each term.
- Participate in social activities, workshops and service opportunities.
To be eligible for the Wayne M. Densch Scholarship Program, you must:
- Be a first-time-in-college student enrolling for the Fall Term.
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has completed a four-year degree).
- Show financial need (as determined by FAFSA).
- Have a high school GPA of 2.0 or higher (cumulative).
- Be willing to enroll in a cohort common course SLS 1101-College Success during the first term.
- Be willing to attend required workshops, enrichment activities and serve as a peer facilitator during your second year.
How to Apply
To apply for the Wayne M. Densch Scholarship Program, follow these steps:
Priority Deadline: March 1
Official Deadline: June 1
- Apply and be accepted to Seminole State.
- Complete the FAFSA. Seminole State’s school code is 001520.
- Mail or submit in person (to our office in L006) a completed scholarship application. The following documents must be attached to your scholarship application:
• A 250-word essay
• One reference letter
• A copy of your high school transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
Scholarship applications with missing documents will not be considered.
Applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, students are encouraged to apply early for consideration.
Students in this scholarship program will receive support services from the First Generation Freshmen office for the full duration of their time at Seminole State.
Scholarship Renewal Requirements
Scholarship recipients will be granted up to one additional one-year scholarship toward their degree provided the following criteria are met:
- Maintain a College GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Complete 100 percent of all courses attempted.
- Attend required workshops and enrichment activities.
- Attend and participate in advising meetings with your advisor and peer facilitator mentor each term.